Christopher Masterson’s (Francis) The Art of Travel [Trailer] [DVD Out Now]

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

theartoftravel.jpg

The Art of Travel is a new filming starring and co-produced by the eldest of our favourite brothers Christopher Kennedy Masterson who played Francis.

Chris plays a high school graduate 'Conner' who has a bright future ahead of him, even better, he’s about to marry his long time childhood sweetheart. His life seems to be going in the ideal direction…that is, until 20 hours before his wedding.

When wedding plans come crumbling down at the altar, Conner decides to go solo on his honeymoon in order to gain a sense of perspective. He meets some experienced explorers and embarks on an expedition through the world’s most dangerous jungle: the Darien Gap.

The Art of Travel is about the twists and turns and the mistakes we make in the jungle of life. But beyond these moments there are people to meet and adventures to be had, even in the wake of our darkest hours. We see the journey through the eyes of Conner, a boy who must become a man, and Chris Loren, a thirty-something man who lost his way, and seeks to live again.

Trailer | High Quality Download (right click download and select save target/link as)

[For Video See Front Page Post]

More images in the Gallery

Official Site | Conner's MySpace | IMDB

Behind the Scenes : Gonzo Filming | High Quality Download (right click download and select save target/link as)

Behind the Scenes : Casting | High Quality Download (right click download and select save target/link as)

The Art of Travel does not currently have a distribution deal in place, so it will be awhile before it will be available to see in theatres and/or DVD.

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Now THAT sounds like a really good movie! I've just been kind of like whatever with some of the other projects I've seen from Frankie, Justin, and Bryan. But this looks genuinely interesting to me, I can't wait to check it out.

Ryebeach

As I mentioned in the other thread of this same topic, The Art of Travel does not currently have a distribution deal in place, so it will be awhile before it will be available to see in theaters and/or DVD.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I found this trailer a couple of days ago on the internet, and it looks really cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I'm a huge fan of independent films, so i'm gonna watch it, whether it'll be on dvd or in cinemas :)

As I mentioned in the other thread of this same topic, The Art of Travel does not currently have a distribution deal in place, so it will be awhile before it will be available to see in theaters and/or DVD.

Sorry at the time I didn't know.

Ryebeach

North American Premiere of "The Art of Travel" starring Christopher Masterson

[See Front Page Post for Video]

The Art of Travel produced by and starring Christopher Masterson, had it's North American première in January at the Palm Springs International Film Festival in Palm Springs, California. The film had two screenings on January 9 and 10, 2008. See our previous post for more details.

Synopsis: Conner Layne graduated at the top of his high school class, found a wife-to-be and was ready for Berkeley when life threw a wrench in his plans. Though he may have intended on running away, Conner leaps ahead onto a better path.

Though it begins lightly with the valedictorian ("Malcolm in the Middle's" capable Christopher Masterson) about to wed his young bride, circumstances find the traveler alone in a foreign country unable to speak the tongue, robbed of both money and naïveté. What could continue as a hostel-hopping romp instead leads to a test of motivation.

Just as Conner prepares to return home, he meets a couple who have planned an expedition to cross the Darién Gap dividing Central and South America between Panama and Columbia. Impassable by foot, impossible by car, the area represents the only hole in the Pan American Highway. The crew of seven push and drag a jeep of supplies through water, in mud and over rocks to reach the other side. Why? The question becomes why not.

Review: Emerging director Thomas Whelan created with Brian LaBelle the sort of story anyone hopes to tell his grandchildren and the kind of movie through "The Art of Travel" that tempts viewers to head to the airport with no planned destination.

Chris and Darlene Loren act as parental guides to the young wisecrackers, and time is passed by all with jokes and sympathetic muscle aching. During the year it takes to cross the passage, they are introduced to hostile guerillas and friendly natives, but the story never hovers in distracting action or ethnocentric melodramas. Rather, the film focuses on the need for a connection with other cultures and a better understanding of our own ethnic backgrounds.

The film is a love letter to wanderlust. It is for anyone who has considered trading in their return ticket home for a one-way ticket to someplace far outside of the usual comfort zone and anyone who has groaned over the standard two-week American vacation limit. No one in the film is snapping photos or writing postcards; everyone is absorbing an experience that will better shape them as living beings.

Whelan's film may not be perfectly polished, but he holds promise for a smooth future. The central character evolves with the film, which only gets better as the minutes pass. The film is not merely a travelogue, but rather motivation to check the expiration on your passport.

Interview with the Director Thomas Whelan here.

Behind the Scenes #6 The End

[See Front Page Post for Video]

High Quality Download (right click download and select save target/link as)

After spending seven weeks together cast and crew becomes family. Through all the adventure we covered and the highs and lows, it’s always hard to say goodbye. We all experienced something special while making this movie. There were no Hollywood Studios to answer to or agents that ever fought what we were trying to do. Everyone was on the same page - make a fun movie that leaves you feeling good. Our hopes are that we have achieved that.

And now our adventure becomes your adventure. One thing is certain about making a movie - there is never any such words as THE END…

mydesert.com & quickstopentertainment.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryebeach

The Art of Travel will be screening at several film festivals throughout the next two months.

Memphis International Film Festival: March 28

Phoenix Film Festival: April 4, 5 & 6

Sacramento Film Festival: April 3

Philadelphia International Film Festival: April 3 - April 15

Beverly Hills Film Festival: April 9

Sonoma Film Festival: April 10 & 12

Ohio, Oxford Film Festival: April 12 & 13

Newport Beach Film Festival: April 24 - May 1

Santa Cruz: May 9 - 17

Please visit the film's official website for further details about each festival screening: http://www.theartoftravelmovie.com/2008/03/14/now-showing/