Justin Berfield (Reese) in SPACE!

Ryebeach

Justin-Berfield-Virgin-Galactic-MITMVC.jpg
Ok...so not quite yet, but he has booked a seat aboard the first commercial space flight, Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic, set for late 2009/early 2010.
The former Malcolm In The Middle star, a pal of Branson's, plans to turn his brief space adventure into a new book. Berfield's spokeswoman says, "Justin considers Branson a genius and is one of the few people that he would follow just about anywhere. "He's a frequent guest at Branson's ultra luxury island home, Necker, in the British Virgin Islands, and now he's heading into space." Branson's White Knight Two commercial spacecraft will take off for the first time in late 2009 or early 2010, full of celebrities and space-loving rich kids. The two-and-a-half hour trip is expected to include about five minutes of weightlessness in space. Berfield's aide adds, "Justin will be joined by other celebrities with confirmed boarding passes, such as Madonna + Tom Hanks."

Justin is a supporter of Branson's charity, Virgin Unite. The goal of the charity is to make sustainable change through economic development towards tough social and environmental issues, which includes addressing the issue of delivering healthcare to rural parts of Africa.

Thanks to Rye | Source: contactmusic.com

MalcolmFun

Well that sure sounds fun. That is certainly one way to up the ante with his former TV brother. You want to race cars? I'll fly on a rocket shiip!:w00t:

D

Deleted member 1693

I just hope that nothing bad happens...

I mean this is some crazy technology.

Melancholic

Where are they going on the rocket ship?

aha, it reminds me of that one episode where it's the 21st birthday for Francis, Hal brings in two motorcycles and promises Dewey that he'll take him on a rocket for his 21st birthday.... XD

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
If it's anything like Branson's SpaceShipOne, they will kiss the cusp of space, on the verge of actual space. I believe Branson wants his space port in Arizona, and given the climate there, I don't blame him. I believe that he will launch from an air port there, like he did the first time, and either push the boundry of space like last time, or go a bit further. Either way you are weightless, so it's all good.

I think Justin has enganged in a game of one-upmanship which could only lead up with Frankie crashing his car in an effort to go fast enough to take off.

AlexTheMartian

If I were Justin I would instead book a seat on the second commercial space flight, so if the 1st one is a disaster, I can unbook my seat for the next one.

But being on the second commercial space flight is not as cool as being on the first, lol.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
Let me re phrase that: He's gonna go too fast one day and crash and get seriously, seriously injured.