Expectations of Season 7

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom
cabbage patch kid said:
is it for sure yet that season 7 is the last season? i was hoping it's not but if it is i hope they end it well
It's not completely offical, no. Linwood Boomer said that it was "most likely" the last season. It's not set in stone.

I, personally, think that ending the show with Malcolm leaving high school is the right thing to do. Trying to continue it on into his college years could be a disaster.

MITM18

Aswell since Linwood Boomer is not the head honcho of the show anymore so we will have to see :)

Its mosty up to the actors if they want to sign a new contract since they expire after this season

yardgames

Retired Administrator
And I don't think Frankie will want to do that. He wants to get out of Malcolm, and merge into the world of adult acting.

MITM18

Well I know the show is indeed called Malcolm In The Middle.

The two main star of That 70's Show (Topher Grace and Aston Kutcher) haves left and they are continuing the show.

If this next season does very well, we shall see.

Emrysgirl

MITM-Fan said:
I don't know what you guys think but I want Cynthia back!
I do too. I enjoyed her character and the first ep she was in (I haven't completely seen the others) a lot. Bring the rest of the Krelboynes back too.

Francis-Piama baby thing sounds good.

Go back to normalish Hal.

Reese needs to resume his role as a bully (at least to younger kids). Enough of sensitive Reese.

Return to wierdo Dewey. The new Busey-hero Dewey is getting really annoying!

Wow that sounds a lot like my "do not want to see" post.

willdubbs

Emrysgirl said:
I do too. I enjoyed her character and the first ep she was in (I haven't completely seen the others) a lot. Bring the rest of the Krelboynes back too.

Go back to normalish Hal.

Reese needs to resume his role as a bully (at least to younger kids). Enough of sensitive Reese.

Return to wierdo Dewey. The new Busey-hero Dewey is getting really annoying!
In other words Emrysgirl, You want the seventh season to regress to the two first seasons. Malcolm with the Krelboynes, Reese as the school bully and Dewey as the weirdo. That's understandable, the two first seasons are definitely and easily my favourite seasons, but it will never happen !! The Krelboynes are missing for two seasons, they cannot come back overnight. If they come back it will be only at the end of the series for the final. Dewey will never return to weirdo! He used to be weird only because he used to be a naive and credulous little boy bullied by his older brothers. Today Dewey is a smart, generous and talented teenager and he's too old to return weirdo. The Buseys are not annoying at all to me, but they're not really well used by the scriptwriters, I'm sure they can use Dewey and the Buseys better than that. Reese will never be a bully again either, He's evolving and he's becoming more sensitive and smarter. He grew up and he starts being too old to be a bully.

Emrysgirl said:
Francis-Piama baby thing sounds good.
I don't think it's a good idea either and I also think it won't happen. Maybe at the final of the series to give the fans cause of satisfaction. But otherwise it would be no use! Jamie is already almost useless, so another baby is really not a good idea. More Francis and Piama look like a little Hal and Lois when they were young, so seeing them with a baby wouldn't be interesting since we have already seen Lois and Hal with Jamie (and the others boys in the flashback).

Otherwise. Seeing Dewey among the Buseys and Reese becoming more mature, sensitive and smarter were my only reasons to watch the sixth season that I find very weak (but not more than the fifth season). So I would like to see in the seventh season:

-Reese who continues to evolve. But if he does I hope he will be still a little absent minded, but I'm sure he will and it would be very cool if he keeps evolving in a very interesting way. I think we'll realise, during the next season, that Reese is very smart too. I also think Malcolm and Reese will be in the same class (it must be their last year in the high school).
-Dewey who keeps helping the Buseys and a better utilization of them. But I would like to see a little more his genius, his smartness and his rancour, not shown enough in the last season. It was good to see his generosity in the sixth season, but he's really too nice and sensitive. I found the end of motivationnal seminar totally stupid. A girlfriend would be a good idea, Dewey must be 13 today so he's old enough for his first date. But it will never be a boyfriend, a gay Dewey would be too delicate and gross. A date with a Busey would be fine (Penelope?).
-I really would like the scriptwriters to stop focusing on Hal as if he was the main character of the series, Malcolm in the middle is supposed to be focused on the childrens not on the parents, that really spoils the originality.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I don't think that they have focused too much on Hal, necessarily, in most episodes, but I do think that they are telling the story in third person, instead of through Malcolm's eyes.

I agree that the show has evolved, and there are some things that we can't return to and will never see again. Malcolm has sort of become the school creep; we saw him abandon the friends he did have (the Krelboynes) back in Humilithon, and with those characters now doing outside work (Kyle Sullivan, Dabney, has his own show this year) the chances that we'll ever see the Krelboynes again is quite slim.

The truly original storylines we had when Malcolm was a Krelboyne were fantastic. I would really like to see something like Krelboyne Picnic done with the Buseys, but through Malcolm's eyes, like the rest of the series has been, making at it a very unique epsidoe in that we're exploring a new and different side of Dewey and using the Krelboynes, seeing the humiliation in Dewey, but sensing it through the eyes of Malcolm.

willdubbs

yardgames said:
I don't think that they have focused too much on Hal, necessarily, in most episodes, but I do think that they are telling the story in third person, instead of through Malcolm's eyes.
You're right. When we see the official website of fox, the journal used to be written by Malcolm, but all the episodes of the sixth season are written by somebody else. But the seventh season is definitely focused on Hal, I really have the impression that the series should be re-intitled Hal's family instead of Malcolm in the middle but I didn't say the others members of the family have been totally forgotten despite Francis, his fans must be really angry and I understand it, but personally I don't miss him at all.

yardgames said:
The truly original storylines we had when Malcolm was a Krelboyne were fantastic. I would really like to see something like Krelboyne Picnic done with the Buseys, but through Malcolm's eyes, like the rest of the series has been, making at it a very unique epsidoe in that we're exploring a new and different side of Dewey and using the Krelboynes, seeing the humiliation in Dewey, but sensing it through the eyes of Malcolm.
I really missed Malcolm talking to the camera at first. Today I don't really care. In fact I think Malcolm used to talk to the camera a lot, in ordre to share with us how much he's ashamed of his own family, but today Dewey witnesses better the weirdness of the family than Malcolm. That's why we don't see a lot episodes through the eyes of Malcolm anymore. An episode like Krelboyne picnic with the Buseys would be great, that's what I wanted to see in the episode Dewey's opera (Though I liked this episode).

There's another thing I would like to see in the seventh season, an episode inside which there's a war between the Buseys led by Dewey and the Krelboynes secretly led by Malcolm in Dewey's school, and Malcolm and Dewey who try to outsmart each other. That would be very cool. Who would win? Dewey who is Cunning, rancorous and generous or Malcolm who is very smart and stubborn. There are already four episodes inside which Malcolm and Reese fight (Water park, Malcolm vs Reese, Forward backward and Ida loses a leg), a fight between Malcolm and Dewey would be original and very interesting.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I beg to differ that those are the only four episodes in which Reese and Malcolm fight, although it was teh basis of the eps you mentioned.

I agree, a fight between Malcolm and Dewey would be fun, but maybe Malcolm is getting too old for something like that. I couldn't see Malcolm leading the Krelboynes; he was so apt to get rid of them in high school, even if his social life did plummet without them.

MITM18

I do believe they shouldnt run the show too long, they should end it on a high note rather than extending it far behind it's experation date.

Just hope the writers are up for the challenge.