Frankie's Acne, No more Malcolm talking to the camera?
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frankie's Acne, No more Malcolm talking to the camera?

Default Frankie's Acne, No more Malcolm talking to the camera?

I posted this article a few weeks ago about Frankie suffering quite badly from acne, probably the main reason why we've lost his talking to the camera scenes in MITM

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...read.php?t=345

What are people's general thoughts in this. I actually have to agree with this article, I think that it probably is to do with Frankie's acne problems, but I really wish they wouldn't let it affect the way the show runs. Nearly every child will get acne at one point in his life, where it be a few spots, or an entire face full - sadly Frankie has got the latter of those two.

I feel that this "move" by FOX to show no more close ups is typical of US TV programmes, to make everyone "beautiful". Now you can't hide the fact that that is what US casters do. Look at CSI, no ugly people there, Friends, no ugly, The OC, no ugly, Smallville, no ugly - I could go on

I thought MITM was the exception in this rule, not choosing particullary "beautiful" people to its cast - maybe I was wrong....

Default Re: Frankie's Acne, No more Malcolm talking to the camera?

Just because their cast members aren't beautiful, it doesn't give them the right to embarrass them when they can fairly easily try to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by ReMoss85
    Just because their cast members aren't beautiful, it doesn't give them the right to embarrass them when they can fairly easily try to hide it.
    I am not asking for them to embarass Frankie, they still put alot of makeup on him as it is, which makes his acne seem less bad. They could have him talking to the camera still, even if it is from a furthur distance then normal.

Well apparently it is that bad, according to the article, which is all just speculation anyway so we don't actually know.

Quote Originally Posted by ReMoss85
    you're right. There are so much possibilities with make up and stuff to hide such problems. And there are so many people who seem to look just perfect on the screen, e. g. Cameron Diaz but without any make up she looks just terrible.

Don't ask ME.

I don´t know, I actually don´t think it´s because of his acne problem (btw I think we saw pretty often close ups of his face this season). I also thought that Mitm is one of the shows where not everyone looks so great ( I mean they sure aren´t ugly, but quite average. The only ones of the main characters who look really good in my opinion are Francis and Reese). I don´t think you´re wrong about that. It fits the concept, if they all looked like supermodels it probably wouldn´t be that believable. My theory about the reason why Malcolm doesn´t direct the camera anymore is that he became quite a random character. If people start watching the show now they will probably wonder why it´s called MALCOLM in the middle.
    If they really did it because of his acne I would find that pretty stupid (unless Frankie himself doesn´t want it)

Quote Originally Posted by allison
    I don´t know, I actually don´t think it´s because of his acne problem (btw I think we saw pretty often close ups of his face this season). I also thought that Mitm is one of the shows where not everyone looks so great ( I mean they sure aren´t ugly, but quite average. The only ones of the main characters who look really good in my opinion are Francis and Reese). I don´t think you´re wrong about that. It fits the concept, if they all looked like supermodels it probably wouldn´t be that believable. My theory about the reason why Malcolm doesn´t direct the camera anymore is that he became quite a random character. If people start watching the show now they will probably wonder why it´s called MALCOLM in the middle.
    If they really did it because of his acne I would find that pretty stupid (unless Frankie himself doesn´t want it)
    Yeah, you have some good point.

I was really pleased when I first watched MITM, because they had clearly choosen the actors because of their talent rather than their looks.

You right perhaps Frankie is worried about his looks, I didn't think about that. I just thoughout that there are probably thousands of teenagers across the globe with acne problems, and if they can see that a celebrity is suffering from it as well, they might feel a bit happier about their appearance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    You right perhaps Frankie is worried about his looks, I didn't think about that. I just thoughout that there are probably thousands of teenagers across the globe with acne problems, and if they can see that a celebrity is suffering from it as well, they might feel a bit happier about their appearance as well.
    That's what these boards are for - to expose celebrities' awful secrets that they are in fact, human.

Yay Allison! You always post what I want to say.

Comments:
    Allison's post +

CSI, beautiful? Well, many of them...but there's at least 1 average/ugly person in each CSI...the main character.

Judging from all we've heard of Frankie Muniz, it's very possible he made the decision.
    In a world gone mad, only a lunatic is truly crazy -Homer Simpson

I don't think his acne is the problem. Mostly because of Ida looses a leg. That was the first episode where I could really notice the acne, because they did close up shots with a fish eye lense. Now, why would they no longer have him talk to the camera to avoid close ups, but then go ahead and show a close up later for a different reason? I think they way they structure and write the show has changed. Things don't center around Malcolm anymore. They just aren't bothering to have him talk to the camera anymore.

I hope Frankie never runs across this thread, poor guy.