What religion is the family?

sal

They aren't religious. Especially not Christians. I celebrate Christmas but none of my family is Christian - it's just a nice little day where we all get together as a family and celebrate.
well thats just not right but thats a whole other conversation :s

Ida (Ida's Dance) celebrated a fictional holiday "Saint Grotus' Day" and appears to be Croatian - so Lois' family is not Christian.

Lois' family is Orthodox, probably Russian Orthodox. the names, the accents, mentioning the cossacks, that picture of her husband when Francis went to visit her in Whitehorse, and orthodoxy is close to roman catholic, which is why many people think thats what they are. :yes:

smlime16

There are so many things that you have to look at when deciding the family's religion. My question is, what do you mean by what they "are?"

By heritage, it can pressumed that they are of Christian dissent, most likely Roman Catholic due to the reasons listed.

However, when asking what religion they practice, the answer is none. I myself do not practice any religion (with the exception of celebrating holidays) but when people ask me my relgion, I reply I am jewish and roman catholic because of my heritage.

Also, the interesting point that is made about Lois telling Malcolm to be glad God gave him a consience, it made me think about how religous her mother was. It is possible that she became agnostic to, for lack of a better word, be different from Ida, who most likely forced her to be very religous as a child. So for this reason, she is probably in the habbit of saying things in terms of God, even though she is against religion.

PatrickGaffey

Heathens christians or Jews

In the episode ''Christmas Trees'', Reese says that he and the rest of the family are godless heathens. But in the episode ''Stilts'', Malcom is seen praying to the Jewish/Christian god. There was also an episode where the family are seen at a mass at a protestant church.:confused: