Malcolm in the Middle on YouTube

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Tjpeople is working on a new viewing system that will allow you to stream the videos--or watch them immediately without downloading--but he's starting with season 2 and it will probably be awhile before it's ready.

Carter

YouTube

Does some on know that MITM episodes are uploaded on YouTube. He have uploaded; season, 3, 5, 6, and 7 (Not uploaded yet)

The member name's JetGrindRadioz... Just want say this...

AlexTheMartian

unfortunately, these episodes get deleted quick, or users get banned quick... YouTube has their rules.. but umm, go ahead and post them I guess, so you can see them before they go away.

Last edited:

Lozart

Sorry :(

He got banned now. I am so sad :'(

I hope he makes a new account :S
Next time I won't tell people here =P

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
You hope he makes a new account? That seems somewhat irresponsible to me.

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Youtube accounts with full Malcolm episodes or even clips WILL be removed by youtube. They may be up for a little while but will never last that long.

Because of this in my opinion its (mostly) pointless putting the work into uploading them there. However some people still do it. I support these people because the more people who see MITM the better, but its also slightly futile.

The official MITMVC policy is that we allow the linking to episodes on youtube (or other video sites) or links to downloads, as long as there is no payment involved.

Therefore feel free to post links to MITM episodes on youtube. However lets keep it to just this thread. I've merged some older youtube threads together with this one.

We also have a long discussion on the removal of youtube videos here.

AlexTheMartian

I wish I can talk to the head guys in FOX... maybe I can convince them to have a sub-domain of the FOX site that will be dedicated to streaming shows that have since end, sort of like a "TV Land" of FOX. Like Malcolm in the Middle, That 70s Show, Married... with Children, The War at Home, etc.

That, or have the shows on MySpace, since that is owned by the same parent company as FOX.

FRED

As a way of putting in my two cents, I will share my idea. I doubt it, but it may help. Maybe if we make a seperate YT account for each episode part, than make another one and add all the vids to the favorites list, maybe YT won't catch on for a while. So that way, if a video gets flagged and the account suspended, we can easily just re-upload the part with having to re-upload everything.

I might (I don't want to promise anything) try this myself later, if you guys are interested.

(Also, by the way, when Fox files a copyright claim, do they fine you or anything? Or just remove the vid? Has anyone actually ever been fined for uploading copyrighted material?)

Lozart

(Also, by the way, when Fox files a copyright claim, do they fine you or anything? Or just remove the vid? Has anyone actually ever been fined for uploading copyrighted material?)

I don't think so :p

Well I hope not.

Raykel

Originally Posted by FRED

I just got my MITM video taken down today, they sent an email saying "Any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability."

Most of us aren't doing it with copyright intent, just sharing a quick laugh, I always just assumed it was good advertisement (I only had one video to my account.) The station is just slitting their own wrists here, if they want money from their shows then a smart person would release them to DVD, yes? I live in Australia but I shop at Amazon in vain!

P.S. I am a new poster to the boards, but not to the site :blush:

Last edited:

AlexTheMartian

I just got my MITM video taken down today, they sent an email saying "Any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability."

that does not even sound like proper English, and I have read legal and court documents before... Is that really a direct quote?

Raykel

Is that really a direct quote?

Yes, this is the full letter:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation claiming that this material is infringing.

Please Note: Repeated incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to prevent this from happening, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Centre to access the instructions.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Youtube accounts with full Malcolm episodes or even clips WILL be removed by youtube. They may be up for a little while but will never last that long.

Because of this in my opinion its (mostly) pointless putting the work into uploading them there. However some people still do it. I support these people because the more people who see MITM the better, but its also slightly futile.

I know it's futile, because I had a brief MITM clip on YouTube, just by way of promotion and enjoyment, and that was taken down too. Three takedowns will inevitably result in suspension of your account, maybe even less, depending on the clemency of YouTube or the severity of the company's claims. The trouble is that this will include people who make original material, like vlogs or stand-up comedy, just to the tune of a copyrighted song, with a few clips from a show inserted, or even with a title that happens to be identical to a commercial show or video game! That's how they 'automate' their censorship.

This way, I have lost many of my YouTube friends, and lost favourite clips which were available nowhere else, not on DVD or any other source, just because some company made an indiscriminate claim. I've also received literally ten thousands of spam mails and harassment from lots of idiots, which YouTube chooses to ignore. Personally, I'd leave YouTube and encourage others to do so, because it's the worst site in terms of customer relations and (mis)management. Remember that your YouTube surfing behaviour, however innocuous, is reported to Viacom to support their copyright claims. This may result in nasty lawsuits or any other types of Big Brother-like surveillance. No, I've completely had it with YouTube. It's a rotten place, and it doesn't deserve all the attention it gets.

Rich