About: July 2008 1 Week Downtime

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Site went down around 0300 - 0800 hours GMT Friday 25 July.
Back up around 1700 hours GMT Thurday 31 July.

First of all I must say how sorry I am for this happening. I'm also sorry that there was no way for me to inform people what was going on.

I wont go in to loads of technical details, but essentially we lost control of the domain (malcolminthemiddle.co.uk). The hosting was all working great its just the domain essentially got disconnected from the hosting.

The domain did not get re-newed quickly enough and because (until now) I didn't have full control over it, it took alot of work to get it in my control and working again. Also because this happened friday nothing could be done over the weekend, and also I'm currently working (IRL) 9 - 6 most days.

This sort of downtime is very rare and something like this should never happen again.

One major anoyance is that we have disappeared from google for the search term malcolm in the middle hopfully we will be back up at number 4 position soon.

AlexTheMartian

I thought the domain expired.. well, almost the case.

Glad it is all back.

what sucks for me is after what seems like a month or more away from the site, the day I wanted to return and see what i missed it was gone! well, I am happy it is here now :thumbup1:

D

Deleted member 1693

I thought the domain expired.. well, almost the case.

Glad it is all back.

what sucks for me is after what seems like a month or more away from the site, the day I wanted to return and see what i missed it was gone! well, I am happy it is here now :thumbup1:

Same here. :3