MitM and Mamma Mia!

reese35

Flashback to season 6, episode 4. Jessica manipulates Lois into taking the boys to see a musical called "Mamma Mia!" According to Lois,
They take all those old ABBA songs like Dancing Queen and Fernando, and stick some story in between.
And the story is basically a woman's daughter, about to wed and knowing about her multiple trysts, brings 3 of her old flames in hopes of finding one of them her dad.

Well, now the movie's coming out. So, here's an idea. Anyone who's seen the play, anyone who's gonna see the movie and go, I want a kind of fan fiction of how the family would react as audience members seeing the play. It can be as simple or as complex as you want it to be - let your imagination write the story! Let's just give you some reminders.

• Jessica makes Malcolm and Reese think that the other's gay.
  • Hal's bitter because Dewey's writing his essay on Lois because Hal wouldn't take his paper of lies.
  • Dewey's unimpressed because of the same 3 chords over and over.
  • And Lois and Jess are just happy seeing it.
  • Oh, and the seats are partially obstructed.
So, go out and see it, start writing if you know the play rundown, and have fun!

MalcolmFun

I would imagine in that situation Malcolm and Reese would not say a word the whole time. It is later when Malcolm says we have to talk about it that Jessica's myth is exploded. If they actually talked about the show the conversation would have went something like the conversations from episode "Billboard" when they talk about women's issues. Apart from the girl getting married, several of the main characters are 'empowered' women over 40. According to Reese those "old broads" should know guys are "done with them" so I doubt he would be impressed by the story much!

Lois thought it was great and would take issue at even a hint of that above. Remember she figured out Jessica's plan and was glad just to have them not fighting or whatever so she might have said things to Malcolm or Reese to encourage them to shut up about whatever they were really thinking.

Hal has such a one track mind he probably was thinking about Deweys paper and not even watched the show.

D

Deleted member 1693

That's hilarious. It's a good idea, but I'm not one to do all of that.

Besides, we never really saw any of the footage in the show.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Remember she figured out Jessica's plan and was glad just to have them not fighting or whatever so she might have said things to Malcolm or Reese to encourage them to shut up about whatever they were really thinking.

It was clearly obvious since Malcolm and Reese were actually being nice to each other.