Buying Fake DVDs - Quality of Purchase?

KelEl

Haha, when my mom presented me with them, I kind of freaked out telling her that wasn't such a wise idea :s But thankfully, she did it with a money order, so her details can't be stolen...and she got them off a buyer-seller type of website, not that sketchy one, but I don't want to say the website so others won't be encouraged to go there.
But I agree, don't buy them offline people!!!! You will end up sad.

Nico21

Hi all, long time I didn't come, I'm glad to see there's still some activity around here ! I've been busy for a few months and I've got a lot of news/posts to catch up with !

A french magazine recently announced that some DVDs of MITM would finally be released this year, starting with the first season for Europe (zone 2), followed by the other seasons (hopefully for everywhere). Have you heard anything about that ? And if so, do you know how they finally solved the issue of music rights ? A DVD release would be great news !

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hi all, long time I didn't come, I'm glad to see there's still some activity around here ! I've been busy for a few months and I've got a lot of news/posts to catch up with !

A french magazine recently announced that some DVDs of MITM would finally be released this year, starting with the first season for Europe (zone 2), followed by the other seasons (hopefully for everywhere). Have you heard anything about that ? And if so, do you know how they finally solved the issue of music rights ? A DVD release would be great news !

Nice to see you back. Yes it seems a French DVD of season 1 is coming. However its only been heard from 1 source and not confirmed directly from FOX. Thats different from a "Europe" DVD release, but it will be region 2. I assume it will have both French and English soundtracks.

The same source suggest 'other' seasons will be coming, but they are not clear and my guess is that they ASSUME other season are coming, my guess they don't realise other DVDs haven't been released in the US. However any DVD news is potentially good news.

Ryebeach

Hi Nico,

Welcome back! :) I hope that season 1 is released on DVD in France in the near future. I agree with TJ though that talk of future seasons being released is nothing more than speculation, or assumptions being made by the sources. I very much doubt we'll see official DVD releases of seasons 2-6 in any country.

The music rights issues can only be resolved with an influx of money and a lot of negotiating with the individual song copyright holders and with the US economy as bad as it is, entertainment companies such as FOX are, unfortunately, not going to put forth the necessary money to make the rest of the series available on DVD.

Last edited:

abc2abc

i know people trust me dont do it i got taken
paid over 30 dollars couple episodes dont work skip badly seller wont replace them and no refunds either
wish i could get my thirty bucks back but oh well that'll learn me

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Season 1 was announced in Germany a couple of years ago, and soon rumours started that the others seasons were planned to get released as well. However, shortly before the release date, all plans were canceled.
Hope this time it's different.

Nico21

Thanks for the answers.

So the DVD release of seasons 2-7 seems to be still uncertain, unfortunately. I was hoping this could finally be a reliable information !

MITM_Fan

Nice to see you back. Yes it seems a French DVD of season 1 is coming. However its only been heard from 1 source and not confirmed directly from FOX. Thats different from a "Europe" DVD release, but it will be region 2. I assume it will have both French and English soundtracks.

The same source suggest 'other' seasons will be coming, but they are not clear and my guess is that they ASSUME other season are coming, my guess they don't realise other DVDs haven't been released in the US. However any DVD news is potentially good news.

Wow that's nice to read.

I will await they release in Blu-Ray.

I've done something simple and everyone likes it,

I upscaled it to 720p, it's only the intro, I won't dare to do the episodes.

Please FOX release it!:p

Last edited by a moderator:

Malcolm123

Yeah I know just what your talking about. I live In Australia. I got my DVD box set from America, with all 7 disks inside and when I went to view my DVDS the manu was blue so then I selected an episode to watch but they ware all burnt then errors started Recurring on everyone of them. So now I'am going to buy the actual real version of the DVDs.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Yeah I know just what your talking about. I live In Australia. I got my DVD box set from America, with all 7 disks inside and when I went to view my DVDS the manu was blue so then I selected an episode to watch but they ware all burnt then errors started Recurring on everyone of them. So now I'am going to buy the actual real version of the DVDs.

Just encase you didn't know the only real DVD is Season 1 on Region 1 DVD.

Welcome Malcolm123, we hope you enjoy your stay.

If you need any help you can email me.

MITM_Fan

If FOX takes this situations serious enough, alot of people will go down.. jail time, because this is one of the best serie's that FOX ever made, and they won't just let it go.

Don't sell fake DVDs or have your jail time with penalties from FOX, which won't be cheap.

Lparsons7981

If FOX takes this situations serious enough, alot of people will go down.. jail time, because this is one of the best serie's that FOX ever made, and they won't just let it go.

Don't sell fake DVDs or have your jail time with penalties from FOX, which won't be cheap.

Maybe they should see their series on regular DVDs so all the masses can spend our money on them :D

Noozman_7190

i bought some from taiwan. the qualtiy was awful. it was as if itwas picxilated. 2 discs wre completely out of sinc. there were many errors. about 10 episodes were missing! just tape them off the telly!

I bought the box set from some company (It's been a while, so I don't really remember) The quality was a little less than good. The audio for some episodes is a few seconds ahead of the video, sometimes I need to take out the disc and clean it for a while because the DVD player or PS2 will freeze while playing an episode, and sometimes the quality looks pixilized. I'm lucky I didn't pay too much for the set. Malcolm191095 is right, just record them.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
There are basically just 2 "businesses" who sell then plus a few people on eBay. They keep changing their names as they get shutdown, but the websites are essentially identical.

AlexTheMartian

I don't know if this been brought up, but the Google AdSense on the top, often shows ads for the fake MITM box sets. Any way to filter that out? Maybe could contact Google about it on AdSense's message groups?

However I don't want Google to in return think we are making fake DVDs, because we are not :eek:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

MITM_Fan

I was googling for these box sets and found an insterestingly stupid box set which had "Regular Price $259.99" LOOL wtf!? it doesn't even exist!

dvdavenue.tv/movie/comedy/Malcolm_in_The_Middle.html

God dammit all! These people should be arrested or pay the penalty for selling illegal stuff.

Last edited by a moderator: