Other countries

Orayne

Hey! I just want to know, if you could travel around the world, where would you like to go? Which country would you like visit?
Personally, I really want to go to USA :tongue: 'cause I think it's an amazing country and I could improve my english!(I know I really need to!:blushing: )
Another question, what do you think of France? (Be careful to what you're going to say, I'm french!:tt2: ) Because I know frenchs aren't really appreciate in US...:crying: Is that right?

D

Deleted member 1693

Very tough decision... All places have their pros and cons.

I am very open and accepting of people and countries I haven't met or visited yet. If someone isn't, it's their own problem! There is a very weak stereotype here that French people are quick to surrender, but it's not accurate or relevant because it refers to the World Wars.

Nice to have you here in the community, welcome!

Nico21

This stereotype must be widespread, I remember an episode of MITM with Otto at the ranch, fighting againts the cow-boys who destroyed his fence on purpose several times, and when Gretchen told him to give up rebuilding again and again he answered something like "I'm not french".
The first time I heard it I didn't quite understand, I didn't know french people had this reputation!

D

Deleted member 1693

It's a completely unfair stereotype, but it might help to at least know it because they bring it up sometimes in American comedy. I don't know about anywhere else.

Do most countries see Americans stereotypically as fat, rich, and stupid?

D

Deleted member 1693

Not cool, lol. Stereotypes are always hard to shake.

As an American, I'm not fat, and I'd like to think that I'm not stupid. :p

I only know four kids that are overweight and a whole gaggle of adults.

Unfortunately, I've also only met around four smart kids. At my school, anyway...

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexTheMartian

well, we have stereotypes in the USA for pretty much every part of the world...

americanworld.png

however, I am smart enough to view the world as it truly is, but to the majority of Americans, it really is something like that map.

lol @ how Africa does not even exist on that map XD

AlexTheMartian

I just want to add, I am visiting England for 4-5 days next week!!!

I hope I have a great time :w00t: :thumbup1:

I will be staying somewhat near Stonehenge

D

Deleted member 1693

Lol, I've seen that map a few times using StumbleUpon. Didn't even notice that Africa was gone; how sad is that? xD

And have an outstanding trip. I'm stuck going to the California ScienCenter or a crappy theme park tomorrow with my family, as it is a Christian holiday. And the rest of my spring break will be pretty bland. So... yes. Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back!

AlexTheMartian

Isn't tomorrow Good Friday? that is something that gets celebrated by going on a trip? I went through 11 years of catholic school and never once celebrated Good Friday like that, lol. All we did is had to go through some carrying of the cross kind of long story thing.

D

Deleted member 1693

Not usually. I used to perform those Catholic rituals and rites all the time as a child, but now my family isn't as religious. Anyway, my school lets us take the day off no matter what. And the next two weeks? My spring break. I'm psyched.

I've been going off topic a lot lately. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexTheMartian

Not usually. I used to perform those Catholic rituals and rites all the time as a child, but now my family isn't as religious. Anyway, my school lets us take the day off no matter what. And the next two weeks? My spring break. I'm psyched.

I've been going off topic a lot lately. :D

sorry, I also am one to steer a conversation off-topic, as I usually do.

about the religious stuff, i am in the same deal you are with that. usually i feel sorry for not being religious enough, lol

D

Deleted member 1693

Not even a 14-year-old has room in his/her busy schedule for church anymore :)

Unless your parents are real sticklers, but I digress.

AlexTheMartian

Just stonehenge? not london?!

yes. you have to realize, 1£ is as much as 2 US$, so everything cost twice as much for me. just traveling around London will make me broke. :blink:

Plus, being from Los Anglees, there really isn't any excitement to see a major city, lol.

I am back from the trip. From London Heathrow Airport I went West, towards Stonehenge, stayed at a house a few minutes from there, and visited cities near there.

I arrived on Sunday, I went to Salisbury on Tuesday and saw the cathedral and went to watch 10,00 B.C. movie, to Bournemouth on Wednesday and saw the Oceanarium and walked around the beach, and left Thursday.

Yeah, sucks, I know, but I was staying with a girl, so I would had a blast no matter where I stayed. :p

I'll have a proper London trip sometime, as this is not my first trip to England, I want to go at least once a year.

PhatBack

While in France, I didn't do much productive. However, I will say that it's awfully pretty there :)

I've been to so many places around the world countless times. Being a citizen of two nations I've been able to go to some places that are not easy to get into as an American (I'm a dual citizen of Italy, so I went to Cuba once). However, one place I've always wanted to go to is Australia. I hear it's very nice, and the Land Down Under seems appealing to me for tourism. I actually think if I could afford it I'd live there post-graduation for a bit.

cadmiumgold

Hope you had a good time in England. Shame you didn't drop by us Londoners :tongue: I hope your visit helped to dispell those horrible stereotypes about English people having awful dental habits, that really bugs me lol

MaricaInTheMiddle

Hey! I just want to know, if you could travel around the world, where would you like to go? Which country would you like visit?
Personally, I really want to go to USA :tongue: 'cause I think it's an amazing country and I could improve my english!(I know I really need to!:blushing: )
Another question, what do you think of France? (Be careful to what you're going to say, I'm french!:tt2: ) Because I know frenchs aren't really appreciate in US...:crying: Is that right?

I really want to go to USA too..it's my dream:tt1: !!
however i visited Barcellona and Monaco in France and more or less all Italy:bored: ...

Tyno

Malcolm-France
Well, I think that generally european people think of the US of A as a great country, a lot of us dream to visit it. But they also know that a lot of american people are... you know... and that living in the US is not better than living in Europe.

Here's a map of Europe seen by French people that I've translated. I think it's really accurate!

MaricaInTheMiddle

Well, I think that generally european people think of the US of A as a great country, a lot of us dream to visit it. But they also know that a lot of american people are... you know... and that living in the US is not better than living in Europe.

Here's a map of Europe seen by French people that I've translated. I think it's really accurate!

wow!!
i'm a thief according to this map!:D