Other countries

Orayne

Well, I think that generally european people think of the US of A as a great country, a lot of us dream to visit it. But they also know that a lot of american people are... you know... and that living in the US is not better than living in Europe.

Here's a map of Europe seen by French people that I've translated. I think it's really accurate!

OMG this map is awful! :blush: stereotyps are so ridiculous...anywhere...

Mar

hmpff.. there are so many countries I want to visit :tongue: Tomorrow I'm going to Germany, on holiday. I were there for só many times and I can speak the language very well, but I really want to visit Japan and USA. Maybe I'm going with school to Barcelona in Spain or Paris in France. :blush:

Melancholic

hmmm... I'd like to visit Europe actually (I'm from the US), it'd be so cool. I'm planning to go there in another like 3 years with my family.... next year we're going back to Japan and Taiwan (where the rest of my family is), and just last week we went to Niagara Falls. It was really pretty! Rainbow-colored waterfalls dude. Can't be cooler than that. Except MITM. I'd probably skip out on the falls if there was a MITM marathon at home. Too bad motel services sucked. ><~

French people.... I've actually never heard that stereotype of them surrendering so easily before, I mean when the teacher told us in class "Well the French surrendered again in this war," everyone laughed and I really didn't get it because they don't lose in that many wars.... nor have as many...?

And stereotypes ARE stupid! Oh, I'm Asian so that must mean I study hard, don't get to see daylight and have no friends?! Well, I do have a friend like that actually. His mom only lets him out one hour a week. But that's not me. I don't study, good grades just come... I go outside everyday and as for friends... I think I have too many- it's kind of hard to deal with when you can only take so many people to the movies and the other people get jealous....
by the way, does anyone here know what to do in that type of situation?

Folkarys

I never go out of France, but I wonder gone to USA, because this country make me dream, and I would improve my english. I'm actually like the english language. On the next February I will gone 4 weaks in India in training periode including on my formation. =)

Evil King

F.A.Q Freak
U.S.A for me.

Despite the huge amount of negativity about the Americans (here in England) I would really love to go to the U.S.A.

The amount of Stereotypical comments about Americans here in England is unbelievable.

And to be honest, it's quite shocking when you see Stereotypical comments or scenes on TV about the county you live in because usually you don't know anyone that is portrayed in that way! I mean, in Animated Sitcoms like Family Guy, English people are always shown as posh people, with goofy teeth and of course the tea.. :tongue: And quite frankly, even though I am not English, I live in London and have been all around England, I am yet to meet someone anything like that.

But coming back to my previous point. I would love to go to America... I mean... 'Malcolm in the Middle' is just enough to encourage you in the first place. :laugh:

Last edited: