Dewey's Opera--critical analysis
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dewey's Opera--critical analysis

Default Dewey's Opera--critical analysis

Generally speaking, there is very little quality information at the official MITM forums, but this thread is quite interesting.

One person keeps replying to his own posts. It's a very critical--but good--review of Dewey's Opera, and it almost sounded like it was written by Malcolm.

http://forums.prospero.com/n/mb/mess...38&msg=38323.1

Default Re: Dewey's Opera--critical analysis

critical is right. Maybe there is a real Malcolm out there.
    Oh-no I'm getting paranoid again! I have to go hide from the satilites again.

No I am not insane.
    The jerk formerly known as J.

It certainly is a very impressive analysis of Dewey's Opera, its a pity it wasn't started over here, I am sure we would have had more to say about it, had we seen it sooner

It is good to see talent on the MITM Offical boards, and not just people constantly hurling insults at each other

Welcome to our forums apannah, they are slightly differnet in layout to the official ones, more based on MITM itself! There are also quite a lot more features. We also have a rating system, which use to commend people who post interesting articles or express there view points in a thougtful manner. There are already hundreds of topics started, so feel free to dip in and share you views

Geez, you really wrote something there.

I don't have the time now to reply to all the things you mentioned in your postings, but there's one thing:

I think of "Dewey's Opera" as one of the best episodes in this season too. I wouldn't say the best, since it's so different to the others. It's one of a kind and something special, that's for sure.
    Erik's performance didn't convince me in some scenes (the TV-scene for example). He is a great actor and he really IS his role Dewey when he is acting, but there are some limits. He isn't good at wistful stuff.

But all in all, the episode was amazing. Bringing some art to MitM is a great idea. The writers/producers did a great job.

Appanah - great to have you on the best MITM Forum, now!, have previously noticed the quality/interest of your posts, there wasted on the offical forum!

This series of posts in question reminded me of my english GCSE (high school exams) a bit scary really! the thoughts and ideas are excellant but dare i say it was over read into

i mean some conections i doubt where ever considered, but then again thats the beauty of tv (as an art form) people react to it in different ways! you are abviously very cultured knowledgfe of 'high art' which is lost on me a bit.......

anyways - keep posting! i love to read em!
    Need help? Email Me Here

I look forward to reading more of your reviews as well. They're always very entertaining.

Lightbulb Dewey's Opera - luge scene!

I was just watching the episode Dewey's Opera, in the scene where Malcolm realizes that he is actually racing against Stevie. When they are going down the hill, the close up shot from behind quite clearly reveals that the stuntman playing Stevie is a white man. What a mistake that is!

I'm only telling you because in the chatroom there was a lot of interest in the goofs made on the show and I don't think this one was mentioned on any of the websites I have seen. Check it out and tell me what you think.
    "Man, two guys as your parents. That place must be a dude's paradise!"

I'm not sure if i saw that when season 6 came out though i might have done. It looks a very good episode. Hal and Lois join Dewey's amazing opera!!
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!

No, Hal and Lois are Dewey's amazing opera!

Lol yardgames. hal looks umm.. a bit odd in the episode picture but he looks kinda cool though!!
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!