Bryan Cranston on ‘Jay Leno’ and ‘Rachael Ray’ [Video]

MalcolmFun

Front Page Post

Bryan Cranston (Hal) was on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on last Thursday night and Rachael Ray Friday morning. He was promoting Breaking Bad which is currently airing.

Jay Leno, who said he'd never watched Malcolm in the Middle (!!) talked about Bryan's childhood and how he was wanted for murder for a short while in the 70's. Bryan was very funny with Rachael Ray (which was filmed a little while ago when Bryan had facial hair) and made a great video montage of his work including lots of Malcolm in the Middle. Watch them both below.

[See Front Page Post for Video]

Download HQ .WMV (right click ‘Download’ and ‘Save Link/Target As’)

[See Front Page Post for Video]

Download HQ .WMV (right click ‘Download’ and ‘Save Link/Target As’)

Thanks to Reese35 & MalcolmFun

I was surprised to see Bryan Cranston on Jay Leno tonight promoteing Breaking Bad. Unfortunately it seemed like Jay has no clue who Bryan is and he actually said that he had never seen Malcolm in the Middle.:thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:

MalcolmFun

I never saw it, but Im pretty sure Frankie was on the Tonight Show during season 1. I have to wonder now what they talked about?

Most likely no one cares but I just sent this email to the Tonight Show.

I was very disapointed with Jay's interview of Bryan Cranston. I understand he is busy, and probably can not learn all the details of every single one of his guests, but in this case it really crossed the line into being rude.

First he admitted he had never seen Malcolm in The Middle, a funny high rated major network show that was on for 7 years. He then went on to joke about not being able to find the show he is currently promoting, Breaking Bad, on the TV dial. To top it off Jay had no knowlege of Bryan at all so asks him a generic question about if he grew up in Hollywood or not to fill the time.

Perhaps any one of those 3 events is no big deal since, I understand Jay is busy. Taken all together however, that is just borderline rude and showed no respect to his guest at all. Bryan showed nothing but class by going along with the "joke" that his show could be found on channel 1000.

reese35

Ironically, Hal did mention Leno in season 6's "Dewey's Opera" (watch the end of the first number). On a related note, he also mentioned the Today show (which was where he and Lois saw Craig, "jumping up and down through the window" while sick) in season 3's "Dewey's Dog".

Maybe MitM should've been on NBC.

AlexTheMartian

Ironically, Hal did mention Leno in season 6's "Dewey's Opera" (watch the end of the first number). On a related note, he also mentioned the Today show (which was where he and Lois saw Craig, "jumping up and down through the window" while sick) in season 3's "Dewey's Dog".

Maybe MitM should've been on NBC.

no way, MITM is FOX's style, no other channels does dysfunctional families work as well as on FOX.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Ok, added video for Jay Leno and Rachael ray show, both defo worth watching, thanks to reese35 for recording rachael.

MalcolmFun

I dont remember any mention of MITM?

That is because the video edit you have on the front page shows only the actual interview. Early in the show he mentioned the guests that will be appearing later.

He mentioned Malcolm In The Middle by name and politely said something which in effect sounded to me like: I never bothered to watch that show at all, I have no idea what it was about, and obviously a staff member booked this guest because I don't know who it is but watch this great new show on AMC! Where is that channel again I cant find it?

AlexTheMartian

That is because the video edit you have on the front page shows only the actual interview. Early in the show he mentioned the guests that will be appearing later.

He mentioned Malcolm In The Middle by name and politely said something which in effect sounded to me like: I never bothered to watch that show at all, I have no idea what it was about, and obviously a staff member booked this guest because I don't know who it is but watch this great new show on AMC! Where is that channel again I cant find it?

i did not see this, but was he being sarcastic or serious? if he was serious, i do not see why in the world he would have mentioned it, no matter what the show was (i am sure many episodes he never seen the show or movie the guest is/was on, and i know he probably has no clue about 90% of the bands). so that is why i am getting some clues by how that dialog looks, that it was sarcastic. however there is a possibility that he never bothered to watch the show, which would be entirety different then never hearing of the show, which it sounded like was the case when i first saw this thread.

MalcolmFun

I'm the one being sarcastic. What I wrote above is not a quote.

Jay, on the other hand was serious. He said he never saw it.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Yea, thanks MF, I didn't watch the show before Bryan was on carefully the first time, when I was editing I noticed his MITM comment.

I have now added the bit with Leno talking about Bryan. So watch the video again.