Do you think Malcolm In The Middle should have continued?

Should it continue or not?

• I can't decide.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CJman327

I know I keep battling between Malcolm In The Middle continuing or that it ended at the right time! What do you think? Vote and reply, please! Thanks!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I'd go with Meh, I kinda think they should've but then again they needed to end it now.

In many ways it came to its natural conclusion. But its hard to let it go.

Welcome back CJ :)

Ryebeach

Hey CJ - Good to see you around the forums again. :)

Well, it's a tough question and my immediate reaction would be I'd want the show to continue, but when I stop and think about it for a few minutes, I realize it ended at just the right time. It ended on a high, imo, with the scripts as fresh as ever, the acting still sharp and spot on and it ended with Malcolm graduating high school, which I think was the perfect moment for the show to close on.

D

Deleted member 1693

Hi, CJ. I never knew you before, but you seem pretty cool.

And I have similar feelings to Rye's; sometimes I wish it could've gone on because I can't get enough... But its ending point made a lot of sense. Plus, I didn't want them to risk the quality of the show afterwards. I'm not saying the writers and actors, etc. aren't excellent and original (they are), but time can wear one out and push one to recycle ideas.

Just a thought.

Nico21

It ended on a high, imo, with the scripts as fresh as ever, the acting still sharp and spot on and it ended with Malcolm graduating high school, which I think was the perfect moment for the show to close on.
Same facts lead to another conclusion for me: Malcolm graduating could also be a starting point for new "fresh" stories! He wouldn't be physically in the middle any more, but could still be in the middle of the plots! His familly need him: Hal for not becoming totally crazy, Lois for controling his achievement at school and in his life, Reese for getting out of bigger troubles now that he no longer lives in the house...
And I don't know why the 8th season would necessary be less interesting than the previous ones! The writers made 7 good seasons, why not 8?

D

Deleted member 1693

Well, I don't know... I'm kind of basing this theory off of other shows I like that were great the first few seasons but declined later on. Maybe it wouldn't happen to MITM, but who knows? We could only tell what would happen if another season came out.

And you're right, there are plenty of new ideas that could spring up after Graduation. It's great because it's not a dead-end ending, know what I mean? You can still imagine what will become of them after the show is long gone.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Good discussion here, great to see! I would have loved to see the show continue. I mean, the actors didn't have real lives and everything it could continue indefinitely, like the Simpsons. But the fact is the actors wanted to move on, and the show would be totally different if it did continue. Could they have perhaps made a spin-off? Definitely; we've discussed that. Everyone on these boards probably would have enjoyed it, but I doubt it would have caught on with the general population that advertisers care about. As hard as it was/is to see the show go, I think that season 7 was awesome and I definitely agree that it ended on a high note and I am very glad it lasted as long is it did so we did have a chance to see Malcolm graduate.

Gouki

Unfortunately, the show did need to end. Thematically, the show had reached it's conclusion. And Lois' brilliant speech (damn it guys, we will not get into this again), proved this, as did Malcolm, you know, attending college.

"The best thing about Childhood is, at some point it stops."

And it did. And thus Malcolm in the Middle ended. It needed to, as much as the seventh season was a return to form, the family was split up and the show had nowhere left to go.

And on a superficial note, Frankie was no longer attractive.:tongue:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
But in S1 no one could deny he was the cute kid but I agree he rather grew out of it during the course of the series.

D

Deleted member 1693

Yeah. I never really cared about how he looked, because it was part of his character to be an "average" kid thrown into a tangled situation. He's always been that kinda average guy to me. If you know what I mean...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Well he was "cute" in the 1-3 seasons, but I think he grew into "hot". Each to his/her own. :p

AlexTheMartian

I demand more reruns/repeats aired in syndication.

Right now i think i just watched 6 episodes of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air in a row on Nick. i want to do that with MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE instead! :eek:hmy: :crying: :censored: *gets bitter and pops in DVD of Season 1 before he starts rolling on the floor losing his mind*

D

Deleted member 1693

Lol. I completely understand. They replay this old trash over and over again.

Two a day (on FX) is good enough for me. I won't go insane... yet.

AlexTheMartian

Lol. I completely understand. They replay this old trash over and over again.

Two a day (on FX) is good enough for me. I won't go insane... yet.

is FOX still playing MITM reruns here in L.A.? I do not know because I only go on FOX to watch House, The Simpsons, and Family Guy

D

Deleted member 1693

Yeah, it comes on at 7:00 PM on most weekdays. But I can never catch it at that time. I mostly just use TiVo when I want to collect episodes of a show.