If you guys had a choice... - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you guys had a choice...

Default Re: If you guys had a choice...

Well I hope we have catered for everyone now...

What Have We Done?

Well all pages that can be moved have been moved over to the forums, multimedia, shop, links, faq, contact, and news

The gallery and flashchat have remained as full size screens, as they are most effective and easy to use on those formats

The Original site, to be know from this moment onwards as the "Episode Guide" remains its green colour, but it has been simplified slightly to remove the clumsy clutter there was before. Without preventing easy access to episodes that is.

Episode Guide. Fancy. You've just changed the whole focus of the site now, with the forums being cental instead of the so-called episode guide. Nice job.

The one thing that still annoys me with the episode guide (it just doesn't have that same buzz as main VC, does it?) is that the new menu is sort of all over the place. Can you figure out any way to make it not be off the screen on smaller displays? There must be a way to always right-justify it??

Woot! Re: If you guys had a choice...

right i have moved that, so hopefully it will not caused you any more hassle.

I will not be changing anything for a while now, I think we've all had enough of me messing around with templates. I believe we've got to a situation which can please both sides.

Although the MainVC or Episode Guide is still what fronts the the mitmvc server, it is no longer what our visitors will see first. Instead of an episode guide with a ton of information, they will be faced with a sleek list of recent MITM news events.

From this point they can venture into the MainVC via the episode guide, vote, rate etc. Or they can venture into the forums, chat room etc.

I noticed this model is very close to the Malcolm Mittendrin model. Their gallery (sort of the same software as the main vc) is not particulary well intergrated - and I can see why now, they are damn difficult to.

Anyway I hope everything is OK.

Oh yeah, the menu is nice, and the Episode Guide seems to be much cleaner. Good job with the design.

Yeh i like it. I think it's a good move to have the focus shift from the episode guide to the forums, especially for us that post on the forums. I spend much more time on this site, so having all the galleries and everything at the top is much more convenient than having to keep returning to the old VC page to look at pics or whatever. Nice one!
    You'll Never Walk Alone!

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    Although the MainVC or Episode Guide is still what fronts the the mitmvc server, it is no longer what our visitors will see first. Instead of an episode guide with a ton of information, they will be faced with a sleek list of recent MITM news events.
    Correct me if I am wrong, but the Episode Guide is still what you see first, when you enter http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/ into your browser.

You just get to the news page first when you want to enter the forums. I think of it as pretty useful. That way I won't miss any important news.

Really good job you did implenting all the sites to the forum. Although there is still one thing that I would have changed. I already told you that. I don't know why you dont use the same menu on the Episode Guide page that you use in the forums and news section:
    Episode Guide FlashChat News Boards Multimedia Shop Links FAQ Gallery Search
    Instead, you use >Home >Seasons >Gallery >Forums >Chat Room >Multimedia etc.
    That makes it difficult to, for ex., get back to the news page after browsing around in the Episode guide.

Some good ideas.

Sadly my htaccess codes will not forced a redirect on the mitm server, so what ever I do it won't work!

I shall look into the menu thing. Most likely what will have is at some point both sites will be made into one.