New MITMVC 'Site Staff' Wanted!

smileyorilly

Could I create some episode Guides

Hi tj, I was looking at this link and then at the Episodes guide and I was wondering could I create some episodes guides, to start with season 2 because the episode guide page is looking a bit empty or maybee edit some season 1 ep guides because they could be improved, i.e episode 1 season 1 looses the slashes and some layouts need improving in the others, and a bit more info.

If you could give me a job here I could improve these pages.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Welcome smileyorilly, we hope you enjoy your stay. Thats great that your interested in working on the episode guide.

Currently the episode guide is still being worked on, as in the background workings not just the content. One of the bugs is the / slashes. I'm unable to open up the episode guide itself at the moment. I'm currently working on it.

However the main work for the content can be collected, edited and written in the forum.

Season 1 and Season 2 have already been started.
http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1776
http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1777

It would be great if you could work on those or another season if you wish.

Yes positions are still open. I'm very keen to find people to work on the Episode Guide and FAQ. deweyinthemiddle - PM me, as it says in the first post.

Well, I applied and you said you'd contact me about it in the coming week...about a month ago. But, I don't hold it against you. You must be extremely busy and don't check your message box alot. So, when you have the time just PM me right back. :)

zsstefanov

I also wanted staff position position and right now I`m thinking about working together with @deweyinthemiddle. What do you say?

Richiepiep

Administrator
Yes, I've also made up my mind and I'd love to correct and expand the FAQ and 'About' sections in a way I've outlined here: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2619

The main issue to me is, as I've said, to what extent we can copy promotional descriptions from Fox, BBC and other companies, and also character bios, FAQs and the like from sources like Internet Movie Database, Wikipedia, TV.com and TVGuide.com. There's also great defunct sites like 'Life Is Unfair' I'd love to (re)use.

Straight copies when they're fine, or creative rewrites to err on the side of caution? Of course, I intend to document my sources anyway, as I've done with most of the Gallery images.

I will also mark (asterisk, highlight etc.) changes I've made so others can review them.

TJ, just take your time, I'm in no hurry whatsoever.

Rich

Last edited:

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Would like to welcome PeterU as Site Staff he'll be working on the news.

I've had a lot of interest with helping in the Episode Guide, when I have spare time I'm working on getting it ready so people can work on it, bare with me!

Last edited: