YouTube - Removes MITM Videos

• Thread starter Deleted member 1693
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1693

Not that dirty Fox again...

Why don't we start an official petition to get these eps on frickin' DVD? It worked with Freaks and Geeks, hell, the fanbase even persuaded them to do 3 more episodes (not saying that one will work now, obv.). We have tons of fans on Facebook and new members, and we must also make it count instead of sounding like whiners (the fault of some popular petitions). And make sure to tell them how much we're willing to pay. We can keep putting clips of the show on Youtube with a meaningful message to FOX so that when their affliates take it down, they'll know we're dedicated, and that we won't stop putting them up and rattling them about it until they cave... and care. We have moaned about it for long enough! Let's overwhelm that damn network!

...Got a little carried away there. But I guess my idea stands...

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexTheMartian

You all have to realize, people are not allowed to post any video from Malcolm in the Middle on YouTube. At any moment, FOX can contact YouTube and tell them to take off any video they find is using clips from any of their shows.

And it is not only video, also copyrighted music really can not be on your videos. However YouTube usually takes action when it is a copyrighted video, not much the music.

I say at the very least over a quarter of all videos on YouTube is using something that is copyrighted. Even I had a video taken down from YouTube and that was only for a LOGO used in the video. I used the MTV logo to make a made-up bumper ad, but YouTube took it down.

D

Deleted member 1693

Ugh, that frickin' sucks.

How come we can make art with logos in it and make home movies with logos and products in them, but not more well-known videos? It's not like we're cursing them. Why are they so ticked off? If anything, it'd be more good exposure. And if the video gets really popular before being removed, anyway, the rules don't apply!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
You all have to realize, people are not allowed to post any video from Malcolm in the Middle on YouTube. At any moment, FOX can contact YouTube and tell them to take off any video they find is using clips from any of their shows.

And it is not only video, also copyrighted music really can not be on your videos. However YouTube usually takes action when it is a copyrighted video, not much the music.

I say at the very least over a quarter of all videos on YouTube is using something that is copyrighted. Even I had a video taken down from YouTube and that was only for a LOGO used in the video. I used the MTV logo to make a made-up bumper ad, but YouTube took it down.

A LOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!

Erm? what are Logos for? spreading company image? Maybe? Which is erm good right....

[posts moved here as it was off topic]

Last edited:

AlexTheMartian

A LOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!!!!!

Erm? what are Logos for? spreading company image? Maybe? Which is erm good right....

[posts moved here as it was off topic]

The legal stuff comes before what is good advertising for them. The legal stuff always come first.

I know I am going off-topic, but for an example, before a movie premiers there is lawyers that go and check if the person they are representing has their names displayed on the screen within defined percentages in relation to the size of the title of the movie during opening credits. A more famous person, or someone like a director or producer, needs to have larger names then the rest of the cast, otherwise they need to make all the names the same size.

That is how insane the entertainment industry is with what all this legal mumbo jumbo

I know it sucks that all this legal stuff needs to be followed, but that is life.

MalcolmFun

I don't blame YouTube to much for complying. I blame the copyright holders and media companies for pooping on fans of thier material. Also the stupid laws that got us to this point.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
YouTube policy states that you're not supposed to upload things if you don't have the copyright. If the copyright owner contacts YouTube with a complaint, YouTube confirms that that person or company owns the company then gives them the option of having the video removed, placing advertising on the video page or the video, or limiting plays.

I published a graduation party video with a Fall-Out Boy song and the record label chose to put advertising on my page.

Melancholic

Not that dirty Fox again...

Why don't we start an official petition to get these eps on frickin' DVD? It worked with Freaks and Geeks, hell, the fanbase even persuaded them to do 3 more episodes (not saying that one will work now, obv.). We have tons of fans on Facebook and new members, and we must also make it count instead of sounding like whiners (the fault of some popular petitions). And make sure to tell them how much we're willing to pay. We can keep putting clips of the show on Youtube with a meaningful message to FOX so that when their affliates take it down, they'll know we're dedicated, and that we won't stop putting them up and rattling them about it until they cave... and care. We have moaned about it for long enough! Let's overwhelm that damn network!

...Got a little carried away there. But I guess my idea stands...

Actually a petition sounds like an awesome idea! I mean there are a ton of shows on there they haven't taken off (most being old anime because they people who made them are either too old to use the Internet or they have too much money to care)...... but still MITM is an awesome show, and if it's on Youtube, then technically speaking wouldn't it get more popular? And with more popularity comes more business opportunities for the creators.... right? Gaining more fans is a gateway to opportunity. 0.o

theduchboy

i can try uploading some as someone suggested it above
i have season 1, 6 and soon 7

i think you ppl in the US can be glad
here in The Netherlands theres not one DVD of MITM

Evil King

F.A.Q Freak
I really hate the laws in England and the U.S.A about Copyrighting. I can see WHY the Copyright rules are there, and I'm not saying they are bad, but I just personally hate them.

Luckily, the Copyright rules in places like China are different, so websites like Youku and Tudou don't have to remove videos (in most cases), while websites such as Youtube do...

The only disadvantage is that the Episodes on websites such as Youku and Tudou are very hard to browse/find, and also, most of the time, isn't as quick as Youtube. You have to wait more than the run time for the whole video to buffer. :mellow:

Lozart

I think youku doesn't mind is because english videos are foreign to them. Just like how youtube doesn't remove episodes that are in spanish or german.
Also all you have to do, or at least what I do, is search "malcolm in the middle" in the search box. The description will show which episode it is. Major thanks to whoever did it.