YouTube - Removes MITM Videos

• Thread starter Deleted member 1693
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1693

I have just checked YouTube, and they have taken all of the full Malcolm in the Middle episodes off of the site. Having seen all of the episodes, I have no use for them anymore, but what about all of the people who haven't and don't have Tivo/TV recorders? I thought he credited Fox, so I'm confused as to why.

All that's left are small clips and tributes... :eek:hmy:

P.S. On a lighter note, I have made an extremely silly macro (and made the dollars really, really shiny).

billz.jpg

Ryebeach

Well, the full episodes are copyrighted to FOX, not to the YT poster, so I think their removal was inevitable. Other than syndication, FOX hasn't authorized full episodes of seasons 2-7 to be shown in any form.

AlexTheMartian

Yeah, Rye is completely right. It was inevitable. *says inevitable like Kim Jong Il on Team America*

i made my own MTV 'bumper' ad for a school video project, and I gave credit to Linkin Park for the beginning of a song (i even gave credit to the record company), and i used the MTV logo which i got for free from brandsoftheworld.com, and gave MTV credit for the logo, but YouTube STILL took it down. Luckily my National Geographic Channel and Atlantic Records made-up bumper ads are still up.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
The question is, why did they create YouTube in the first place if they are going to take down half of what gets uploaded? What's the purpose of the site then?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
The purpose is to share videos made, owned, and copyrighted by you. Like the ones on my channel. :D

AlexTheMartian

The question is, why did they create YouTube in the first place if they are going to take down half of what gets uploaded? What's the purpose of the site then?

it was created to share videos you made, not to share videos belonging to a television network.

hollywood gets very crazy when it comes to copyrights

D

Deleted member 1693

Yes, very true.

If I had made a show, I would actually be glad to see people sharing it for free on the web. The show on TV is free anyway. Unless it's on a special channel, but I digress.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
True, but then advertisers pick up the tab. What they could do is have advertisers subsidize the show on YouTube.

D

Deleted member 1693

Wow, they finally updated the episodes! Thanks for reminding me, Alex!

D

Deleted member 1693

...And now, TVLinks is gone. Well, actually, it happened a while ago.

I heard the guy that created it was hounded by the copyright guys or whatever.

There are still places to see shows on the net, but it is usually easier to download them. Not that I'm "glorifying" illegal activity. :D

Nico21

...And now, TVLinks is gone. Well, actually, it happened a while ago.
Just replace the '.co.uk' extension by '.cc' :tongue:
The videos are not uploaded on the same website (it used to be Stage6, which was closed last month by its owners), but it still works...

D

Deleted member 1693

They don't upload my favorites, anyway. If I want a particular ep of something, I'll consult the OV Guide. :)