Frankie Muniz's 'My Sexiest Year' [Premiere][Gets US Distribution][Review][UPDATE] - Page 4
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Frankie Muniz's 'My Sexiest Year' [Premiere][Gets US Distribution][Review][UPDATE]

It doesnt sound funny at all. Maybe it is to sappy. it sounds exactly like the type of movie that nobody actually goes to see yet they give oscars to for being artistic.

I have some news, unconfirmed as of yet, but this is the latest.

The film will not be released in theaters, to the best of my knowledge. It's set for a direct-to-DVD release, either through a company called Image Entertainment, or more likely, InternationalMedia Global Limited Home Entertainment.

There is a possible (again, NOT confirmed) DVD release date of 11/11/08, but nothing is official on that and even if true, could well change.

Below is the very first poster for the film, courtesy of IM Global Entertainment. This is the largest version of the poster currently available. Below the poster is another plot synopsis for the film, also courtesy of IM Global.

Plot summary:

Aspiring teen writer Jack Stein (Frankie Muniz) lives with his sick mother and grandfather in Brooklyn. When his mother's health takes a turn for the worse, Jack is sent to Miami to live with his dissolute father Zowie (Harvey Keitel). Zowie is not much of a dad, and Jack quickly befriends Mark, a local rich kid, who lives in the fast lane, where Jack is introduced to a whole new world of sex and drugs. But when he meets glamorous model Marina (Amber Valletta), she teaches him more about life then he expected to find out when he arrived in Miami, an innocent child. By the time he leaves Miami the young teen has become a man, who learns who he is in the course of his sexiest year.

Thanks for the update Rye!

My Sexiest Year will be released on DVD in the UK on September 29th. The film has secured UK DVD distributor DNC Entertainment for the release.

The film is available for pre-order HERE.

Here's a larger version of the poster from my earlier post:

Still no word on a US release date. The US distributor, THINKFilm, is involved in some legal issues which are affecting a theatrical release as well as preventing the film being released by any DVD distributors in the states.

I'm afraid, to the best of my knowledge, the film is currently shelved indefinitely. ad:

Quote Originally Posted by Ryebeach View Post
    THINKFilm, is involved in some legal issues which are affecting a theatrical release as well as preventing the film being released by any DVD distributors in the states.
    Well litigation sure is popular in Hollywood.

A bit of good news for those folks, such as myself, who have been waiting for quite some time now to see this film.

The US DVD distributor of My Sexiest Year, Image Entertainment, recently submitted the film to the MPAA here in the US for it to be given a rating. They gave the film a 'R' rating, which was announced today. Still no word on a release date but I'd say 3rd or 4th quarter of this year is likely.

Sadly though, this would seem to indicate that the film is definitely going straight to DVD, rather than having a theatrical release. That's unfortunate but at least it shouldn't be too much longer before we'll be able to see Frankie in what sounds to be a fairly major role.