Concerts.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1693
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1693

I went to a Muse concert last night at the Verizon Amphitheater here in Los Angeles, and it was UNBELIEVABLY PHENOMENAL. They played all of my favorite songs and then some. The band members were enthusiastic and active, the stage visuals were simply gorgeous, and it was a very pleasant experience overall.

So, I ask you...

Have you heard of Muse?
Which bands do YOU like?
How many concerts have you been to? Who played?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I've seen MUSE twice (well once or twice)

And they are one of the best bands I have ever seen perform live, Who else have I seen live? Erm tonnes, I'll name a few,

Oasis, Idlewild, We are Scientists, Stereophonics, The Streets, Bloc Party etc

D

Deleted member 1693

Oh, I love Oasis and the Streets. I haven't heard of the others, though.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
I've seen Muse once live at a festival. Unfortunately they haven't come back to Germany since then to play concerts, which is sad because Muse is my favorite band at the moment.

On sunday I went to a John Butler Trio concert. Amazing! Those guys are just so talented. Plus, they played 2 and a half hour!

Actually I like going to concerts, and I've seen many bands, including Metallica, The Hives, The Streets, The Smashing Pumpkins, Bad Religion, Tool, and many more...

D

Deleted member 1693

I've seen Muse once live at a festival. Unfortunately they haven't come back to Germany since then to play concerts, which is sad because Muse is my favorite band at the moment.

On sunday I went to a John Butler Trio concert. Amazing! Those guys are just so talented. Plus, they played 2 and a half hour!

Actually I like going to concerts, and I've seen many bands, including Metallica, The Hives, The Streets, The Smashing Pumpkins, Bad Religion, Tool, and many more...

Aw, you've seen a ton of bands I like. I envy you.

AlexTheMartian

Yeah I would love to see Smashing Pumpkins in concert.. too bad i miss going to see the "90's version" of the band :p I will still love to see them now, but the only remaining person is the lead singer I think.

At 2002 at the Summer Sanitarium concert at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum I saw Metallica, Linkin Park, Deftones, and others. I saw Blink-182 in 2001 in Long Beach (I think my favorite, since it is my favorite band, and a concert in an indoor arena is better sounding then outdoor stadium).

I saw Arctic Monkeys just this year in Hollywood during taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live, my first time attending an up-close small show. Now the bands I want to see is 30 Seconds To Mars and Muse. I wish I could see more bands, but college is so time-consuming, especially with mine being year-round.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1693

I envy you too, now. Which isn't good for me.

I've never been to a taping of a show, which is odd because of all the studios nearby I could just walk into. xD

And I like your taste in music.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Yeah I would love to see Smashing Pumpkins in concert.. too bad i miss going to see the "90's version" of the band :p I will still love to see them now, but the only remaining person is the lead singer I think.

At 2002 at the Summer Sanitarium concert at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum I saw Metallica, Linkin Park, Deftones, and others. I saw Blink-182 in 2001 in Long Beach (I think my favorite, since it is my favorite band, and a concert in an indoor arena is better sounding then outdoor stadium).

I saw Arctic Monkeys just this year in Hollywood during taping of Jimmy Kimmel Live, my first time attending an up-close small show. Now the bands I want to see is 30 Seconds To Mars and Muse. I wish I could see more bands, but college is so time-consuming, especially with mine being year-round.
You seriously don't get summers off? Do you have any breaks at all?

AlexTheMartian

You seriously don't get summers off? Do you have any breaks at all?

my breaks are either 3 weeks or 1 week, and i have classes all four quarters of the year. My only time off in the summer is the last 2 weeks of June and 1st week of July, then back to more classes.

I am a college Senior, so I am work, work, work. I have class 4 days a week and i work the other 3 days of the week. so i am busy every day of the week.

At the end of each week, I actually do look like Reese on my forum icon, LOL

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Do you ever get to sleep in? That must be difficult living such a constantly hectic life! What are you planning to do after graduation?

AlexTheMartian

Do you ever get to sleep in? That must be difficult living such a constantly hectic life! What are you planning to do after graduation?

I will be continuting what I currently am doing, graphics and visual effects. I already got a job in my industry before i graduated so I am very lucky. My dream job will be working at ILM (Industrial Light & Magic), but anything in that field will be great.

Another thing I plan to do, aside from that industry, is doing 3d for an architecture firm, and possibly working on a city or county planning board.

I actually get a lot of sleep. If i am not in class or in work, all other hours i am either sleeping or doing homework. and becuase i sleep alot it is hard to get my homework done, lol.