Official FOX spoilers for 3/20 episode (Ida and Francis are back!!!!)

ahelm13

from thefutoncritic
Spoiler for Episode Title: "Ida Loses A Leg" (MIM-614):

MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE (3/20)
Air Date: 3/20/05 (SUNDAY)
Time Slot: 7:30 PM-8:00 PM EST on FOX

GRUMPY GRANDMA SAVES A LIFE WHILE THE BOYS' PRANKS CAUSE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS ON "MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE" SUNDAY, MARCH 20, ON FOX

Cloris Leachman Guest-Stars

During Grandma's unwelcome visit with the family, she loses her leg while saving Dewey from a moving truck. Consumed with guilt, Dewey is determined to find his Grandmother's leg and give it the proper burial. Francis, on the other hand, begrudgingly becomes the caretaker for his stubborn, cranky grandmother. Meanwhile, Malcolm and Reese are given a new idea for a prank that forces them to stay awake days at a time to avoid the embarrassment of having their faces glued to the floor on the MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE episode "Ida Loses A Leg" Sunday, March 20 (7:30-8:00 PM ET/PT). (MIM-614) (TV-TBA)

Cast: Jane Kaczmarek as Lois, Bryan Cranston as Hal, Frankie Muniz as Malcolm, Justin Berfield as Reese, Erik Per Sullivan as Dewey and Chris Masterson as Francis

Guest Cast: Cloris Leachman as Ida

admin

Retired Administrator
So the rumours about one of the cast losing a leg, were true, cool, and thanks for the spoiler, sounds like an interesting episode :D

Amigo22

Super Moderator
I wonder how they're going to do that, has Cloris Leachman actually lost a leg in real life?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I was thinking about that the other day. My brother thought they would just tie her two legs together or tie it up to her butt so we can't see it. Entertaining to hear his theory, but somehow I don't quite think it's accurate.

I don't know if she could have really lost a leg, but we'll probably see her with two legs in the beginning of the show; if we don't, then she probably really had some type of amputation.

We may be better suited to figure it out after we see the episode.

Hendrix

yardgames said:
I was thinking about that the other day. My brother thought they would just tie her two legs together or tie it up to her butt so we can't see it. Entertaining to hear his theory, but somehow I don't quite think it's accurate.

I don't know if she could have really lost a leg, but we'll probably see her with two legs in the beginning of the show; if we don't, then she probably really had some type of amputation.

We may be better suited to figure it out after we see the episode.
Maybe, she'll have a wooden leg so, we won't have to see her with only one leg. Plus, i think they can digitally edit out the leg somehow.

ahelm13

These days they can edit anything out. Have you seen those commercials for satellite college basketball where they've removed stuff like the ball, goal, and the offensive players? They look really good too.