Did anyone Feel like crying when mitm was over? or when they knew it was

Darky

I was the same way, don't feel bad.

Heck, I don't have any more going on this summer, I've beat all my XBOX games like 2 times already :D

This is starting to get off topic.. So lets back on it.. I feel like... I was really sad after it was over cause it was the best show i ever seen.. A few other shows I watch is trash compare to this.

Jayhost

When the announcement that it had been cancelled first came out, it didn't really hit me. There are very few episodes that made me cry, but Graduation was one of them because at that point it finally hit me straight in the face that in fact the show was ending and I wouldn't see any more new MITM. (BTW the other episodes that make me tear up every time are Lois' Birthday, Reese Comes Home, and Morp.)

oh! i agree on all counts!!

i remember when there was a really looooooooong break in season seven. i was a wreck, then next thing i hear on the radio is that season seven would be it. i just...blacked out, lol.

Graduation had me bawling. even when i watch it now I get upset. what i loved it is it started and ended with the same song. *Better Days* i found that VERY special and respectful to the fans:wub:

flipfreak4

ITNEVERHAPPENEDITNEVERHAPPENEDITNEVERHAPPENED

NO! There is not a final episode of MITM! I'm only on season 5, don't even joke about things like that! MITM never ended...you're all trying to trick me...

^this is the only way I can get through the day without going insane. By saying it to myself at least 500 times.

And just for the record...the only episode that's made me cry so far is Lois' Sister (but I haven't seen Reese Comes Home yet). I'm thinking of using Lois' speech to Susan in my drama exams later this year.
It's beautiful. I only hope I can put half the amount of emotion into it as Jane Kaczmarek does.

Siobhan

I didn’t cry… but the fact that MITM was officially over made me slightly sad. At least we got 7 series of it.

zachman93

I didn't cry. I knew how the ending panned out beforehand due to some unfortunate spoiler incidents, but upon rewinding and rewatching several times (a horridly OCD habit of mine) so that I could truly "soak it all in", I definitely felt the raw emotion. There was a great feeling of bittersweet release... like I was sad that it was "over" for me, but after spening the last 8-9 months of my life watching it bit by bit, it was really like ending a good book. Terribly sad but a great releif and serenity, especially concerning how positive the finale was. I considered drawing it out, and postponing watching the end for several more months - but talked myself out of it.

No doubt I will be back re-watching sometime soon. I hate to be sappy, but MitM in the short time I fell in love with it and experienced it sort of became an important facet of my life. It helped me through coming to some important realizations about growing up, my own shortcomings, and about others. It really was a great spiritual boost to me, even though I desperately over-analyzed and picked it apart. Even learning to do that less and to just ENJOY it was a big revelation for me. My life would not be the same if I had never watched "New Neighbors" one slow day last summer out of boredom.

uriel228

yea it's heart

i realy liked this series and this funny family,
i have now an empty hole in my heart,
but i think this it's good that's over because the children have grown up
and i don't want to see another actors in our:wub:family (MITM)

almost

i ALMOST cried! it was so sad, i just couldn't believe it was all over! every time i hear the song "Better Days" which was played at the end of Pilot and Graduation, i get really sad.
i just remember hal naked in the kitchen being shaved while singing "I believe in miracles, you sexy thing". good times...
we'll miss you malcolm!!!

oh and if frankie muniz became president that would be awesome. :O

ILoveMITM

I was SO sad. I almost cried, I loved the show! I was always SO excited to see a new episode and I really miss that feeling of being excited to see a new episode. It totally sucks there will be no more new episodes, I wish it was never cancelled but we cant change that. I remember the the day the last episode was going to air, I was so sad and I didt want it to air because I knew when that episode ended it was no more new MITM. I would be happy if this show went on and on and on and on, the cast was amazingly put together and the show was just great.

Ollie

I'll admit, Reece Comes Home and Graduation both brought a tear to my eye. It was an amazing show and I don't think as many people watch(ed) it as the show deserved, but I luckily have all the episodes in digital form on my laptop, so I'm going to show my kids when I'm older haha :D.

PeterU

Super Moderator
The end of Reese Comes Home is definitely one of the most emotive parts of all seven seasons, I agree. It's one of the few times you actually see the three brothers show love for each other at the same time. It's a nice moment.

Dew_Fan

I agree, those final couple of minutes were really touching and sweet, the fact that they actually missed Reese even though he is kinda mean to them was really nice. Also, the fact that right after the touching moment, they got right back to being sinister but happy at the same time, was funny and sweet.