Jane Kaczmarek (Lois) Stars in 'Raising The Bar' on TNT [Watch Episode 1]
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jane Kaczmarek (Lois) Stars in 'Raising The Bar' on TNT [Watch Episode 1]

Arrow Jane Kaczmarek (Lois) Stars in 'Raising The Bar' on TNT [Watch Episode 1]

Front Page Post

Jane Kaczmarek has booked her first acting role after last season's Help Me Help You, in which she guest starred in four episodes.

This new role is in a potential series for cable network TNT. The untitled legal drama, from Steven Bochco, the Executive Producer of NYPD Blue, co-stars Mark Paul Gosselear (NYPD Blue, Saved by the Bell) and Gloria Reuben (ER).

The pilot will focus on law-school friends who now work on opposite sides of a case. Said case is set to be presided over by Jane Kaczmarek, who will play a judge.

An Emmy nominee for each of her seven seasons on Fox's comedy "Malcolm in the Middle," Kaczmarek is making a dramatic turn with the TNT project, playing a stylish, imperious and a bit crazy judge who runs her courtroom like her own private fiefdom.

Kaczmarek has experience playing a judge as she voices occasional "Simpsons" character Judge Constance Harm. She is repped by Endeavor and Greenlight Entertainment.
    Source: Hollywood Reporter

I can't wait! This sounds like a perfect role for Jane, with her experience at both comedy and drama.

UPDATE

It has now been named: Raising The Bar.
    Last edited by tjpeople; Oct 8, 2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: formatting

Default Jane Kaczmarek to star on a new TNT drama

Jane Kaczmarek, Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Gloria Reuben lead the cast of Steven Bochco's new legal drama for TNT.

Written by Bochco and lawyer-writer David Feige, author of the 2006 book "Indefensible," the untitled project revolves around young lawyers who have been friends since law school but now work on opposing sides.

An Emmy nominee for each of her seven seasons on Fox's comedy "Malcolm in the Middle," Kaczmarek is making a dramatic turn with the TNT project, playing a stylish, imperious and slightly crazy judge who runs her courtroom like her own private fiefdom.

Kaczmarek has experience playing a judge as she voices occasional "Simpsons" character Judge Constance Harm.

In his third starring turn with Bochco after ABC's "NYPD Blue" and "Commander in Chief," Gosselaar will play a charismatic and fiercely idealistic public defender who frequently finds himself pitted against the vicissitudes and injustices of an unwieldy bureaucracy. Gosselaar also appeared on Bochco's Iraq War drama "Over There" for FX.

Reuben, a two-time Emmy nominee for her supporting role as a physician's assistant on "ER," will play the funny, bright and savvy head of the public defender's office who monitors the other public defenders' case loads and lives.

Also cast were Melissa Sagemiller (Showtime's "Sleeper Cell"); Currie Graham ("NYPD Blue"); Teddy Sears ("Firehouse Dog"); J. August Richards (WB Network's "Angel"); and Jonathan Scarfe (TNT's "Into the West").

Tyno
    - Webmaster of
    Malcolm-France.com

I can see Jane as Judge Judy type character. Don't pee on my shoe and tell me its raining!

I agree, this sounds like a perfect role for Jane! Is this going to be full-time or guest-starring, and what ever happened with Help Me Help You? The Futon Critic said it was canned; did it do poorly?

I'm thinking that this is going to be a full-time role for her. Help Me Help You was pulled off the air back in December and was officially cancelled when ABC announced their fall schedule back in May.

Quote Originally Posted by yardgames View Post
    I agree, this sounds like a perfect role for Jane! Is this going to be full-time or guest-starring, and what ever happened with Help Me Help You? The Futon Critic said it was canned; did it do poorly?
    Yeah, as PBUNDY said, unfortunately Help Me Help You was pulled from the schedule last December and subsequently canceled. ad: There was at least one episode featuring Jane (and directed by Linwood Boomer!) that never aired.

UPDATE

As we reported previously Jane Kaczmarek will be starring in a new legal drama, see here for more details. However it has now been named: Raising The Bar.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Good for her! She was always very good with dramas. Do we know when this is airing yet?

[
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    UPDATE

As we reported previously Jane Kaczmarek will be starring in a new legal drama, see here for more details. However it has now been named: Raising The Bar.
    I like that title. Thanks for the update, TJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by yardgames View Post
    Do we know when this is airing yet?
    I'm not sure. We don't know if it will be picked up by TNT yet so they will likely make their decision after the first of the year. If they order the pilot to series, probably late spring/early summer is the soonest we'd see the series.

All right, thanks for the update Rye!