What happened to the blue car?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I think the blue Ford Taurus is Hal's car because in the "Pilot" when Malcolm is walking Dewey to school when thy pass their driveway, you see the blue Ford Taurus station wagon in it.

The burning Station Wagon is Lois' car, because on wikipedia they say:
crashed Lois' car (which proceeded to burn up)

Welcome BobCurdy789, we hope your enjoy your stay. If you need any help you can email me from the link below.

Wikipedia is edited by us alot of the time. I wouldn't take it as a fact for sure on such a small issue.

ddbb

I've noticed that the van (I don't know the make or model) is pretty consistant throughout the series, but they always seem to have a second car, often a station wagon, though they have had small hatchbacks and sedans as well. They don't really say what happens to them, but I think we can guess...

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed that the van (I don't know the make or model) is pretty consistant throughout the series, but they always seem to have a second car, often a station wagon, though they have had small hatchbacks and sedans as well. They don't really say what happens to them, but I think we can guess...

Welcome ddbb, we hope you enjoy your stay, if you need any help email me from the link below.

BobCurdy789

in the episode "No Motorcycles" in the flashback there is a white station wagon in the driveway, so I think they once owned a white Station wagon

PeterU

Super Moderator
I know this is an old thread, but...

I'm quite interested in the cars used through the series. A car says a lot about a person (or a family), so the Wilkersons' choice of car at different points in the series tells you quite a bit.

Their main vehicle, used throughout the series, described in various places as the 'crappy minivan', is a 1990 Chrysler Town & Country.

It's actually quite distinctive; if you believe the Wikipedia article, it was only one year that the styling was exactly like that, so we can be reasonably sure it's the 1990 model.

View attachment 905

Their second car in Season 4 and Season 5 is the 1988-1993 Dodge Dynasty (as was pointed out earlier in the thread).

View attachment 906

They also had two Ford Tempos, a beige one which Lois destroys in '6x06 Hal's Christmas Gift' and a red one which Hal crashes in '7x05 Jessica Stays Over'.

View attachment 908

View attachment 907

View attachment 909

There are probably other 'regular' cars that are used too, I'll keep a look out for any other ones that I see and try and identify them.