What happened to the blue car?

Saturn

I was wondering what happened to that blue Dodge Dynasty that the Wilkersons used to have? After season 3 or 4, it vanished and got replaced by the yellowish Tempo, what happened to it: did it crash, did they trade it in for the Tempo, or dis someting else happen?

Last edited:

Murph

I'm not sure about this one, or if it was ever mentioned, but my guess would be they sold it, and got a better car.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Lois had to sell it to afford the plane ticket to go and track Reese down when he was in the Army.

But in Season 7 Hal had a car similar to that, so the yellow car was probably temporary until they could afford a better car?

Saturn

The second Tempo, the red one was crashed after Hal tried to kill a bee in Jessica Stays Over, but crashes the car instead.

Last edited:

Nico21

And what about the Dodge truck Lois won at a contest by keeping her hand on it during 3 days ? I think we never heard about it again!

Also at the begining, they had a blue station wagon ford (I don't know the name of the model, this car has never been sold where I live), I don't know what happenned to it neither.

Saturn

I'm not sure about the truck.

If you're talking about the wagon shown in Pilot, that was crashed and set on fire by Francis, I assume the wagon was replaced by the Plymouth van.

Nico21

I'm not sure about the truck.

If you're talking about the wagon shown in Pilot, that was crashed and set on fire by Francis, I assume the wagon was replaced by the Plymouth van.

I think you're talking about this wagon, which is only shown in th pilot:

vlcsnap27243vk1.png

I'm talking about this blue ford wagon, on the right of the picture, which we can see in several episodes at least in the three first seasons (sorry I have no better picture):

vlcsnap27660rd0.png

I don't think this one has been burnt by Francis, has it ?

And about the plymouth, is it the one looking like a 'Town and country' van ?

Saturn

Oh yeah that one, I think that one is owned by the owners of the house since it's a private house.

Or it could be one of the crew's cars.

They made a goof about one of their cars, in Flashback when they showed Lois getting ready to go to the hospital to give birth to Malcolm, they showed Francis and Reese going into their Dodge Dynasty. If the timeline is correct, Malcolm was born in 1988 which was also the first year for the Dynasty. So that means that they had a brand new car, which is unlikley cosidering how poor they are.

Last edited:

MalcolmFun

I think it is kind of established that Hal went to college and probably actually made okay money it is just that they are bad at managing money and have 5 kids which is expensive.

The burning station wagon in the pilot Malcolm says "it wasn't even our car"

The minivan they had the entire time.

What they had for a second car is what always changed. It is sort of established that Hal (and Malcolm) are actually good at fixing cars and he seems to always have a junker to test his skills at.

The Truck Lois won, I think this goes back to there be some peculiarities in season 7 with some episodes being out of order and so forth.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
About the truck - Lois told Hal that if they won the truck they could finally get rid of the van. With Malcolm and Reese both out of the house, this would work, as there would only be five (Baby #6 included) remaining at home. But then what would they do for trips where the whole family attend, including Francis and Piama?

Saturn

I assume that when they won the truck they got rid of the car and kept the minivan.

Now I remember that they used to have money so thyat explains my car question

Now, I'm going have to look through my piles of tapes looking for those two episodes.

Nico21

Oh yeah that one, I think that one is owned by the owners of the house since it's a private house.

Or it could be one of the crew's cars.
This would be weird, as this car is shown in a lot of episodes. If it was there by mistake (a crew who parked in the Wilkerson's way to the garage), I think they would have shown another introduction scene in the episodes !

Amigo22: there's a lot of room at the back of such a truck :laugh: !

Nico21

Yeah, but it's illegal in many states to carry people in the back of a truck.
I know, that's why I put a smiley at the end:p (is it really allowed in a single state ?)

About this truck, could someone tell me which model it is? I was thinking about a Dodge Dakota but I'm not sure and I can't confirm with pictures on the internet.
Thank you !

Nico21

Wow, who knew you could have such a conversation about cars. :D Carry on.

Maybe we could list all the cars the Wilkerson drove...:p

It's very difficult for me because most of the cars shown in the series are unknown here, so I can only find the make, not the model :unsure:

Anyhow I remember the red convertible Porsche 911 Hal was about to buy in some episode, I think this is the only european car in the show.

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
It's very difficult for me because I'm not a car person. I can get the type (van, car, SUV) and the color and that's about it. :D

BobCurdy789

I think the blue Ford Taurus is Hal's car because in the "Pilot" when Malcolm is walking Dewey to school when thy pass their driveway, you see the blue Ford Taurus station wagon in it.

The burning Station Wagon is Lois' car, because on wikipedia they say:
crashed Lois' car (which proceeded to burn up)

Last edited by a moderator: