MITMVC 'Fan Video' Contest! - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MITMVC 'Fan Video' Contest!

Make sure you have the DivX codec installed; I believe movie maker will work with Divx as long as you have the codec and that's how pretty much all the eps are encoded. www.divx.com

Yep I have that already.

TJ - The files are .avi format.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo22 View Post
    Yep I have that already.

TJ - The files are .avi format.

That's strange. .avi files should open fine in Windows Moview Maker. Can you view the files in the regular way ok (like in Windows Media Player?) When you try to work with them in Movie Maker are you importing them, or just trying to open them? You have to go to "file > import into collections" to work with the clips. If you're doing that and everything else is ok, i'm not sure what the problem could be.. :confused1:

Yep, I'm importing them. They play fine in WMP.

That's especially strange since Movie Maker should be able to work with any file Media Player can read. You've boggled me; anyone else have any ideas?

Update your version of Movie Maker..... other than that.....google....
    Need help? Email Me Here

I hope this isn't completely off topic, but does anyone know of any other programs besides Windows Movie Maker for making videos? I have Windows Movie Maker, but it's really slow and it freezes up on me too much. Eventually I just get frusterated and exit.

Free programs? The only other thing I know of that's free is iMovie, but that's for Mac OS. If you're willing to pay, Pinnacle Studio is my personal favorite. They just put out version 11, which means you can either get a really good deal on 10 or get a few new features in 11.

Sony Vegas is also very good... and pinnacle too... but I prefer to work with Movie Maker since it's lighter... Pinacle Studio asks too much from your computer...

HAL ROCKS!

That's true, especially the newer versions. If you have an older computer or want to get something even cheaper, check out Studio version 8 or 9. You should be able to find some real good deals on these programs and they really are still much more powerful than anything free like Movie Maker. I've never had success personally with Vegas, but I'm glad some of you are.