Erik Per Sullivan's (Dewey) 'MO' [Rockefeller Plaza] [UPDATE] [DVD Release]

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

Lucky New Yorkers will be able to catch Erik Per Sullivan's (Dewey) new film 'Mo' on Thursday June 21 at the Rockefeller Plaza as part of Tribeca Enterprises open air "Drive-In" screenings.
Tribeca Enterprises, the parent company for the annual May film festival, has been so delighted with the response the festival's outdoor movie screenings have generated that for four nights, between Tuesday (June 19) and Friday (June 22), they're going to show movies on a 30-foot-by-50-foot screen in front of 30 Rockefeller Plaza. The "Drive-In" will open each night at 6 p.m. with movies starting at 9 p.m. each night.
"Mo" writer-director Brian Scott Lederman's coming-of-age story set on Long Island's South Shore, which stars "Malcolm in the Middle's" Erik Per Sullivan in the title role of a teenager coping with a genetic mutation called "Marfan Syndrome." It's being screened by the festival Thursday June 21.
Source: NewsDay.com

See the previously posted trailer below.

[See Front Page Post for Video]

Just added to our Gallery are pictures from the film.

You can see our previous post for more info on the film | Official Site | IMDB

Last edited:

Ryebeach

DVD Release

Buy the film here on January 16.

Hmm, interesting. Looks like the filmmakers are doing a independent DVD release, rather than one by a distributor. That's uncommon as it's much more expensive and time consuming to widely release a film on DVD without one and there can't be much of a marketing campaign without a distributor's resources. I guess the film was never picked up by a distributor for theatrical release. :sad: I'll definitely order the DVD when it becomes available as the trailer looked very good. I hope it sells well as it's exploring a subject matter which isn't all that well known.

Thanks for the info, TJ.

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Thanks Rye, are they going to make it more widely available at some point or is that part of the distributor issue the movie's had?

MalcolmFun

Has anyone ordered it? I might consider getting it but Im leery of giving my CC #s to some random website run by who knows. They need to get it on Amazon or something.

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
MalcolmFun, you can get 1 time credit card numbers from paypal or your bank.

Then you dont need to worry.

W

we_dye

Has anyone ordered it? I might consider getting it but Im leery of giving my CC #s to some random website run by who knows. They need to get it on Amazon or something.

I ordered Mo on DVD the day after it was released (17 Jan), but have still not received it. I have checked my Mastercard balance online and the money has been deducted. If anyone from Europe has ordered it, have your received your discs yet, or could this be a general supply issue? Perhaps I should chase my order.

Ryebeach

Thanks Rye, are they going to make it more widely available at some point or is that part of the distributor issue the movie's had?

I can't say for certain and I hope I end up being wrong, but my best guess would be no. Aside from perhaps some additional film festivals, I don't anticipate the film being available anywhere other than through the MO website.

As much as I would like to see this film, I'm reluctant to order it through the website for the same reasons MalcolmFun mentions. It's just too dangerous nowadays to post credit card info through private sites such as MO's official website.

However, I didn't realize you could get one time credit card numbers through Paypal, as TJ suggested. I'll check that out.

Last edited:
W

we_dye

Mo

Has anyone else seen the film Mo? It is the lastest movie starring EPS. My DVD arrived last week and got to watch the movie over the weekend. Was worth the wait.

I won't discuss the plot in any detail in case anybody here is going to see the film soon. However, I do have some opinions about it. I feel that Brian Lederman (Matthew's brother) has real talent - he produces, directs and stars as himself in the film.

Overall, i'd say the film is worth watching, but is not quite like anything else I've seen previously. The movie was made without any support from major corporations; this should be commended. There are some issues with the sound quality on the DVD release (only coming out of one side at times) and alternating volumes. This is probably not noticeable when played aloud; it only affected me because I was watching on a laptop with the use of earphones.

Regarding EPS; I don;t think he has changed much over the years: he has merely got older. I have taken the liberty of attaching a few screenshots. It was kind of strange seeing him smoking dope and using "bad" language. Hearing him say f**k was funny at first. And the long hair kind of suits him too.

If anyone else has seen the film, please let me know what you thought.

Kind regards
we_dye

Last edited:

Richiepiep

Administrator
I'd love to see it! That's the great thing with the Malcolm cast, their versatility: except for Justin Berfield, all made names for themselves first in dramatic roles, not comedy. Mo almost seems to be an extension of Erik's first (dramatic) role in The Cider House Rules.

Rich

Darky

Erik Per Sullivan's movie Mo?

Is it out a long time ago? Cause I can't find it anywhere.. Even on google, yahoo and website like that.

MITM_Fan

Thanks for the notice.

Erik's face got bigger and for some reason it makes me sad, because I was used to see the small Erik, he was cool as a kid but now his face looks awful, sorry to say this, it's what I feel.

Richiepiep

Administrator
Thanks for the notice.

Erik's face got bigger and for some reason it makes me sad, because I was used to see the small Erik, he was cool as a kid but now his face looks awful, sorry to say this, it's what I feel.

Noooo! :( Well, I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and so are you! To me, Erik's always had 'unusual' features, but then again so had Frankie, and for that matter most of the MITM cast. The only one who I would call classically handsome with even features was Chris Masterson. And Piama (Emmy Coligado) too I guess.

But what is unusual? One of the reasons I liked MITM was precisely because they looked like normal, far from flawless people you could meet in the street and identify with, and not fashion model types like Tom Cruise, Megan Fox or Zac Efron. It's what a number of critics noted about Frankie too, that his looks and his acting are more interesting than the standard-issue teen hero you would get to see in stuff like 'Big Fat Liar' and 'Agent Cody Banks'.

I still like Erik a lot and the way he looks. It's very 'Erik', and like Frankie, it's how it should be. It's definitely not bland or cookie-cutter.

Best ;)

Rich

Last edited:

AlexTheMartian

yeah all of the MITM cast looks like any random unique/odd looking kid from your school, not some idol. That is why people can relate so much to the show. All the brothers seemed to have odd facial features or shape I think.

Not sure if any of them grown into their face really (lol). But they are starting to look better as they grow older.

Frankie currently, in my opinion, looks weird in some photos and good in others. I think he looks better without the small chin goatee tho, either remove it or do a full one. I think he looked good in pictures at the "Cloverfield" LA premiere. I think he needs to do a hairstyle that makes his head look less round.

Erik I think looks cool now with longer hair, however I seen only a total of 3 or 4 photos of since MITM (not counting movie stills) so I can't say much of currently.

Chris, again, is someone i have not seen many pictures of since MITM, but he has not changed really since MITM, and that has nothing to do with his looks, more with his age. He was never a kid in MITM, he was around 20 when the show started.

Justin has not changed that much either, but he does look older. I think he looks good in his photo gallery on his website which seems to be more recent (but I forgot when that site went up). If I have to find something odd, I think his eyebrows are too long.

Last edited:

Darky

In my personal opinions. They look too young for their ages. Except for Justin...

Erik looks better with longer hair cause it makes him look more mature and grown up.

Justin looks the same...

Frankie just look older. Like he's 19 or something..