New FOX shows next season, and dropped shows.

AlexTheMartian

I would like to present you all with the following FOX network confirmed development slate for the 2007/2008 season

You can find this same list, and descriptions of each new show, at:
http://entertainmentnow.wordpress.com/2007/05/17/fox-development-slate-for-20072008-season/

You can go here on FOX's site for the next season's line-up (07 and 08 on separate pages because they are different line-ups)

NEW SHOWS :smartass:

Drama
Canterbury’s Law (mid-season/January)
K-Ville
New Amsterdam
Sarah Connor Chronicles (mid-season/January)

Comedy
Back to You
The Return of Jezebel James (mid-season/January)
Rules for Starting Over (mid-season/Spring)

Unscripted
Anchorwoman (summer)
Kitchen Nightmares
Nashville (working title)
The Search for the Next Great American Band (working title)

CURRENT SHOWS

Renewed for 2007/2008 :)
American Dad
American Idol-Tuesday
American Idol-Wednesday
America’s Most Wanted: America Strikes Back
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Bones
Cops
Family Guy
House
King of the Hill
MADtv
Prison Break
Talkshow With Spike Feresten
The Simpsons
‘Til Death

Canceled :sad:
Drive
Happy Hour
Justice
Nanny 911
The O.C.
The Rich List
Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy
Vanished
The War at Home
The Wedding Bells
The Winner

AlexTheMartian

Just to add, there is two slight things that might interest MITM fans.

1) "The Return of Jezebel James" is the same production company of MITM, Regency Television.

2) "Rules for Starting Over" is going to be a comedy shot with a single camera, just how MITM was filmed. And it is produced by the Farrelly Brothers.

Also, two things that caught my eye:

1) "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" is a series based on the lives of the character from the Terminator films, Sarah Connor, and her 15-year-old son John, as they try to survive between events happening during the time between Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines.

2) "Back To You" is a comedy staring Kelsey Grammer (“Frasier,” “Cheers”) and Patricia Heaton, (“Everybody Loves Raymond”) as the lead anchors of a local TV news team in Pittsburgh. Kelsey's character is a self-centered womanizer, and Patricia's character is an uptight know-it-all, but on screen they seem to have perfect chemistry, but unfortunately not so perfect off-screen.

Gouki

I might download the Terminator spin-off, but with Malcolm in the Middle and Arrested Development long gone, I have no reason to... well, download anything on Fox. Except the occasional Family Guy episode.

Ryebeach

Thanks for posting, Alex! :thumbup1: FOX has a tendency to cancel my favorite shows before they can build a following. "Vanished" and "Reunion" are two that fall into that category.

However, on their new schedule, the two you singled out are also the two I'm most interested in. I saw three clips of "Back to You" from the pilot and it's very funny. I can't help but still think of Kelsey Grammer as Frasier Crane, but that doesn't matter, because he's just so funny. I think (hope) this will be a successful show.

And "The Sarah Connor Chronicles" looks to be an interesting show, combining action and drama. The only thing I'm concerned with is if too much time has passed since the movies; Is there still enough interest in this franchise?

yardgames

Retired Administrator
"Back to You" sounds real interesting if for no other reason than I'm interested in TV production. I'm going to have to check that one out for sure. The problem is I'm almost never available the same time each week to watch a show. i always made time for MITM, but most other shows just don't get watched unless the network puts them online so I can stream them on demand when I have time.

AlexTheMartian

Well, at least FOX streams many of their shows on MySpace, and you do not even need to log in or sign up to watch them, as far as I know. I am sure a show like that one will be on there.

One thing i don't like, is they dont put House to watch on MySpace.