First Names and Username Origins

admin

Retired Administrator
Well you guys all know my first name, but don't you all have first names too, or am I going to have to called you "theblinddevil", "yardgames" and "tjpeople" for ever!

Secondly, I was wondering how on earth you came up with some of your usernames...

My actual username "(cyber)splat" which a few of you might have seen on other forums is actually the name of my web design company, I didn't technically make it up, the word "SPLAT" came from the "Demon Headmaster" books, and then I added cyber a few years later, orignally I just washed cars for £10/car but now I make web sites for £28($54)/hour :D

arach

Re: First Names, and username origins

arach is a shortcut of "arachnophobia". It has nothing to do with that movie, it's just that I feared spiders when I first thought of a nickname. As I grew older, I didn't mind spiders anymore, but I got stuck to that name... whatever ;)

You can call me Harry, if you want.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I'm Sam.

My Website is called Yard Games and specializes in outdoor and yard games for kids. It's at www.yardgames.r8.org.

I used to have a different username, but when I started marketing my website, I thought it would be easiest if you use, well, the title of the site. I don't like having two usernames (heck, my password is the same for everything.) so I decided to make my username for everything yardgames.

Although I'm still known as "reverse" or "newshappenings" on a few services I signed up for a very long time ago.

Gouki

Brodie is my first name. And Gouki is, of course, the Japanese name of Akuma from Street Fighter. Back when I was first getting into forums and the internet communities, I wanted a name that would be easily identifiable and uncommon. But also interesting.

Wemboy

My name's Tom. I'm called Wemboy because it's the name of the town I grew up in. Wemboyz (their spelling!) is what people from Wem who are generally dossers, will never leave the town and spend their time driving Novas around and fighting like to call themselves, either that or Wem Posse. Thankfully i'm not one of those people, but calling myself Wemboy is kind of a reference to all that (they ain't so bad you know:) ), I guess you have to be from Wem to get the joke really.
This is the only forum i'm a member of, so I don't think you'll see the name anywhere else!

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

well.....im tj (in my signiture), have used tjpeople for ever, i came about because i used to adress groups of people as "people" and they just came together. No one else has the user name on the net so its cool. However i have found this live journal user with tjpeople but its for student from "tj" school or sunfing.

btw - david i have seen cybersplat used to describe the splat of data as in 'there has been a cybersplat' not comman tho.

the demon headmaster how cool i loved the bbc tv series!

the name is zak and zmaster999 came about 1 my name 2 cos i thought i was a master hacker( now i know i am) 3 cos zmaster was taken the hackers inc came about when i started up building computers and gaining access to other peoples msn accounts when they annoyed me "so be ware be verry aware" :) as for admin i don't know your name.

and by the way dose any one know witch episode dewey steals parts from arround the house and makes a organ

RGDS

Hackers Inc (zak)

MITM18

Big fan of MITM for some time

We will have lots of great new content related to malcolm.

Stay Tuned :)

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator

1. My first name is andy

2. Who doesn't know Dabney from mitm :D :D ??

yardgames

Retired Administrator

We haven't seen him for some time. His best performance has got to be Hal's Friend in season 4, Dabeny's birthday party was hilarious! Good to meet you, and looking forward to reading your posts.

allison

My first name is Tessa (I can´t stand that name)^^"

There´s no special reason why I use allison as my nickname. I heard that name on Mitm and I liked it (though I don´t like the character Allison):D

dizzy

My first name is Geri

My cat is called dizzy an he's named after some weird guy playing in guns 'n roses. Just thought it was a funny name :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator

allison said:
My first name is Tessa (I can´t stand that name)^^"

There´s no special reason why I use allison as my nickname. I heard that name on Mitm and I liked it (though I don´t like the character Allison):D
Tessa, that's interesting. I always thought allison was your real name, hence your username. It's very interesting seeing where people get these ideas.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I'd like to bring this thread to the top of the list again, because I am curious about how the usernames for some of our newer members came about. I'm gathering some stories of my own in my head, but I'm not sure they're what you want me to think... :)

Please share, I would be interested to hear.

APK

Well, I chose my username because Doc is my favourite character in the "Back to the Future" movies...I guess I didn't really need to say that, as the username is self-explanatory to anyone who's seen them...

My real name is ZunarJ5 Zoric 9/49...just kidding. :D That name is a reference to the real name of the cat Jake in the movie "Cat from Outer Space" from 1978. It's a Disney movie for kids, but I still really like it.

No, my real name is Michelle. Nice to meet you all.

Malcolm

Nobody has been able to guess my real name even though I told some of you the first and last letters of it: F & V.
C'mon, is not that difficult!

But keep calling me Malcolm.;)

247021.jpg

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom

Well, my real name is Megan, if you haven't guessed that yet.

I like to put my real name in my screen name. Me and a bunch of my friends used to talk on a forum on my friends website all the time. Since we all new each other by first names, it was just easier to keep track of who you were talking to by putting your real name in there somewhere. My friends would often stick their names into phrases to get a screen name, like "HitTheLeland" or "MTV'sKevin" or "TheRealPete"

I saw a bumper sticker once that said "Garbage Kills Bears." It stuck in my mind. It was just so vague. The only people that would understand it where people that didn't need to be told. So, I just stuck my name in it. Now I use it whenever I can. Sometimes it's too long and I have to make up something else and that always makes me sad.

It's a camping thing. You shouldn't leave your garbage in the woods because it can kill bears. That's what the bumper sticker was talking about.

So there is my lengthy explanation.

MITM-Fan

Doc Brown said:
My real name is ZunarJ5 Zoric 9/49...just kidding. That name is a reference to the real name of the cat Jake in the movie "Cat from Outer Space" from 1978. It's a Disney movie for kids, but I still really like it.

No, my real name is Michelle. Nice to meet you all.
ah..I know that one! :D I used to watch this movie a long time ago when I was a kid, it's really nice :)

malcolm said:
I got the autographed version of this picture...it's hanging on the wall of my room and keeps smiling at me. :D

Oh and for the topic...my Name is Daniel but you can call me "Dan". My nickname is pretty obvious though.

Emrysgirl

1. My real name is Aditi.

2. Emrys is a character (or actually 2 characters) in a book that I love. I added girl on there b/c Emrys is a male character and I, obviously, am a girl.