TV Land Visit Finale Set of Malcolm in the Middle [Video]

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Front Page Post

tvland.jpg

Next month a new series of TV Land Confidential starts on TV Land (US Cable Channel). The 3rd episode that airs on July 18, 10 pm entitled "Finales" will feature an exclusive visit to the set of Malcolm in the Middle at its finale back in 2006.
FINALES: Even in the world of television all good things must come to an end - from the hit shows that go out with a bang, to the series that are quietly canceled there's always a story behind the send-off. This episode looks at the shows that got to say good-bye, some that didn't and some that said good-bye, and then unexpectedly got stays of "cancellation" and returned from the dead. What finale was originally planned for The Mary Tyler Moore Show? How did Bob Newhart kept the secret of his final Newhart episode? Viewers will also get an exclusive set visit to the finale of Malcolm In The Middle.
Source: PRNewsWire.com | IMDB | Thanks to RyeBeach

Last edited:

yardgames

Retired Administrator
I won't miss it!! Added it to my calendar and all. You know what would be really cool is to see the card that we sent them!

RaposaNegra

Hey, does someone knows where can I watch/download that episode? Cus I don't live in the US, so I didn't had the chance to watch it :sad:

Thkz

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member
Hey, does someone knows where can I watch/download that episode? Cus I don't live in the US, so I didn't had the chance to watch it :sad:

Thkz

Welcome to the forum. Any problems PM me.
Next month a new series of TV Land Confidential starts on TV Land (US Cable Channel). The 3rd episode that airs on July 18, 10 pm entitled "Finales" will feature an exclusive visit to the set of Malcolm in the Middle at its finale back in 2006.

It Hasn't aired yet.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
That's awesome news! I can't wait. That would be really cool if we caught a glimpse of our card! :D

Ryebeach

Bumping this thread up as a reminder that this episode airs this Wednesday, July 18th @ 10:00pm on TVLand. If you miss this episode for any reason, you'll still have another chance to catch it as it will be reairing on Sunday, July 22nd @ 10:00pm on TVLand.

Please remember, I do not know how long the set visit will last. They have a lot of different shows to cover in this particular episode so it may not be any longer than 1-2 minutes. No matter the length of the set visit though, it will be interesting to see how things were on the set of the final episode of MITM. I'm sure it will be nostalgic to watch, at any rate.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Ill still forget about it. :D I set up Google Calendar to send me a text message an hour before so I remember to either watch it or record it depending on what I'm doing at the time.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Good idea! I just set the Tivo to record it - once I figured out what channel Tv Land is. :D So I should be good now. That'll be better anyway cause I can fast foward to the MITM part.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I caught the show and the segment on MITM was only about 3 minutes long. Basically, they just talked about how much they will miss doing the show after working with the same people for 7 years. The funniest part was Bryan talking about how the cast/crew went around taking items they wanted off the set before they disassembled it. Bryan kept several pictures of the family and the boys. Erik and Justin both wanted the jars of formaldehyde animals that were in the boys' room. Erik ended up with the frogs, but they didn't say what happened to the rest of them (I actually think they sold them on ebay.) It was interesting, but too short.

AlexTheMartian

I expected the segment to be around that long, I feel very sad mentioning this, but the truth is the show is fading out of your average peroson's memory, only those that enjoined watching the show will bring up a discussion about it in their day-to-day life. And no, this is nothing negative about MITM, even some of the most popular shows, like Friends and Seinfeld, people aren't really mentioning anymore.

I came home just at the very end of the whole episode, so I missed it. Anyone going to throw it on YouTube or something?

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
Sad, but very true Alex. The casual viewer isn't going to be satisfied with watching the same episodes over and over so eventually they will stop watching and forget about it. Our little group here and maybe a handful of other MITM forums are probably the only people in the world that think about the show on a regular basis anymore.