Subtitles

JackyJack

5 years later, and still no accurate subs for season 2.

The subs I can find does not transcript the actual script, but somewhat paraphrasing it...
Why anyone would do that....WHY !?

Richiepiep

Administrator
5 years later, and still no accurate subs for season 2.

The subs I can find does not transcript the actual script, but somewhat paraphrasing it...
Why anyone would do that....WHY !?
Well, most of the time subtitles, at least in other languages, are actually paraphrases or condensed versions of the dialogue, because there is not enough room at the bottom of the screen and people can't read as fast as they can speak or hear. I don't know what set of subtitles you're referring to, but this may be a reason. Of course, I've noticed very bad translations too, just based on what people *think* they hear, and we have the sad situation with MITM that no official English subtitles have ever been released for S2 and later seasons, at least not on the various DVD editions.

Do you know if there are streamed versions, such as on Netflix, or video on demand downloads that have professional English subtitles or closed captions?

Best,

Rich

MITM97

Well, most of the time subtitles, at least in other languages, are actually paraphrases or condensed versions of the dialogue, because there is not enough room at the bottom of the screen and people can't read as fast as they can speak or hear. I don't know what set of subtitles you're referring to, but this may be a reason. Of course, I've noticed very bad translations too, just based on what people *think* they hear, and we have the sad situation with MITM that no official English subtitles have ever been released for S2 and later seasons, at least not on the various DVD editions.

Do you know if there are streamed versions, such as on Netflix, or video on demand downloads that have professional English subtitles or closed captions?

Best,

Rich

I live in the U.S so I use Netflix daily, and of course I LOVE MITM, but as far as I can tell the subtitles appear to be accurate even though I don't use them and have only tried once or twice. From what I've seen is on occasion a few misspelt words here and there but otherwise its totally readable.

Richiepiep

Administrator
I live in the U.S so I use Netflix daily, and of course I LOVE MITM, but as far as I can tell the subtitles appear to be accurate even though I don't use them and have only tried once or twice. From what I've seen is on occasion a few misspelt words here and there but otherwise its totally readable.
Thanks for your helpful comments! As these posts allow attachments in zip-format, it might be an idea to gather accurate subtitle files in various languages (English first and foremost) for each season and attach them to the appropriately titled posts. That way we don't have to rely on outside links, which as we all know are subject to constant change and loss. I don't have the time for this now, but I will definitely keep it in mind.

Of course, if additions or corrections are suggested and okayed, we can always return to the original posts and edit the attachments.

Best,

Rich