Dance style from "bomb shelter" [Answered]
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Thread: Dance style from "bomb shelter" [Answered]

Default Dance style from "bomb shelter" [Answered]

Hi,

in the episode "bomb shelter" Malcom dances twice to the song "Sway" by Micheal Buble.

Does anybody know what this style of dancing is called?

Is this mambo?

Many thanks!

Hi there Morgon!

Yes, you are right this is a mambo! It was originally a Spanish song written in Mexico in 1953 called "¿Quién será?" (Who will be (the one who wants me) etc.). It was translated into English by Norman Gimbel a year later for Dean Martin.

Here's the original Spanish version, sung by Nelson Pinedo:

By the way, if you don't know about this yet, the exhaustive Malcolm France site features a great jukebox, where you can choose all known songs from the series soundtrack!

Best wishes,

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Thanks for mentioning the jukebox (I did not know about that) though it seems the definite reference is http://home.earthlink.net/~bigfitz79/MalcolmMusic.html.

The latter also mentions a few yet to be identified songs but for the known songs the two seem to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by morgon View Post
    Thanks for mentioning the jukebox (I did not know about that) though it seems the definite reference is http://home.earthlink.net/~bigfitz79/MalcolmMusic.html.

The latter also mentions a few yet to be identified songs but for the known songs the two seem to agree.
    Yes, you're absolutely right about that. All of the identified songs come from Joe G.'s site you mentioned. Even Julie Glaze Houlihan herself, MITM's music supervisor, helped to identify a number of them on this site!

People can always mail him with other solutions, of course, if this still works (I know the site and its provider have had problems). This is just an image to avoid personal data harvesting:

malcolm_music_mail.jpg

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!