Subtitles - Page 3
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Subtitles

hello everyone are there also subtitles for the netherlands (dutch)?

Hi, I'm from Poland.
    I create some polish subtitles for all episodes of Malcolm in the Middle.

You can download it from this site:

www.napisy.me
    www.napisy.info
    www.napisy24.pl
    Last edited by MoszeUsz; Mar 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM.

^Not sure if you're still reading this forum or not, but do you have english subtitles for the other S2 episodes?

There are some Dutch subs available here: http://www.bierdopje.com/shows/malco...sodes/season/1 (All credits go to xkissie)
    Only 10 episodes available of Season 1 atm though.

if there is no a complete subs for MIM in the world,I f** like that world

5 years later, and still no accurate subs for season 2.

The subs I can find does not transcript the actual script, but somewhat paraphrasing it...
    Why anyone would do that....WHY !?

Quote Originally Posted by JackyJack View Post
    5 years later, and still no accurate subs for season 2.

The subs I can find does not transcript the actual script, but somewhat paraphrasing it...
    Why anyone would do that....WHY !?
    Well, most of the time subtitles, at least in other languages, are actually paraphrases or condensed versions of the dialogue, because there is not enough room at the bottom of the screen and people can't read as fast as they can speak or hear. I don't know what set of subtitles you're referring to, but this may be a reason. Of course, I've noticed very bad translations too, just based on what people *think* they hear, and we have the sad situation with MITM that no official English subtitles have ever been released for S2 and later seasons, at least not on the various DVD editions.

Do you know if there are streamed versions, such as on Netflix, or video on demand downloads that have professional English subtitles or closed captions?

Best,

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!

Quote Originally Posted by Richiepiep View Post
    Well, most of the time subtitles, at least in other languages, are actually paraphrases or condensed versions of the dialogue, because there is not enough room at the bottom of the screen and people can't read as fast as they can speak or hear. I don't know what set of subtitles you're referring to, but this may be a reason. Of course, I've noticed very bad translations too, just based on what people *think* they hear, and we have the sad situation with MITM that no official English subtitles have ever been released for S2 and later seasons, at least not on the various DVD editions.

Do you know if there are streamed versions, such as on Netflix, or video on demand downloads that have professional English subtitles or closed captions?

Best,

Rich
    I live in the U.S so I use Netflix daily, and of course I LOVE MITM, but as far as I can tell the subtitles appear to be accurate even though I don't use them and have only tried once or twice. From what I've seen is on occasion a few misspelt words here and there but otherwise its totally readable.

Quote Originally Posted by MITM97 View Post
    I live in the U.S so I use Netflix daily, and of course I LOVE MITM, but as far as I can tell the subtitles appear to be accurate even though I don't use them and have only tried once or twice. From what I've seen is on occasion a few misspelt words here and there but otherwise its totally readable.
    Thanks for your helpful comments! As these posts allow attachments in zip-format, it might be an idea to gather accurate subtitle files in various languages (English first and foremost) for each season and attach them to the appropriately titled posts. That way we don't have to rely on outside links, which as we all know are subject to constant change and loss. I don't have the time for this now, but I will definitely keep it in mind.

Of course, if additions or corrections are suggested and okayed, we can always return to the original posts and edit the attachments.

Best,

Rich
    All the people are so happy now, their heads are caving in.
    I'm glad they are a snowman with protective rubber skin.

Beiß mein' Schorf, Blasenloch!