MITM F.A.Q Development ON HOLD - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MITM F.A.Q Development ON HOLD

Default More FAQ

I can't remember many other questions, but maybe this one is good:

Q: Now that MITM it's over, where can I watch it?

A: You can watch it directly from the "Downloads" area or download it directly to your PC. You can also check for your local TV schedule and see if MITM is still airing.

---
    Once again, correct if there are any spelling mistakes

HAL ROCKS!

I have added the first set of questions to the FAQ - I have expanded a couple.
    Need help? Email Me Here

hehe... it's nice to see them there

HAL ROCKS!

Ive got revison and stuff on at the moment but ill be off for ages this summer and ill do a load of faq's

Quote Originally Posted by cadmiumgold View Post
    Ive got revison and stuff on at the moment but ill be off for ages this summer and ill do a load of faq's
    That would be great
    Need help? Email Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by RaposaNegra View Post

Q: Which channels broadcast(ed) MITM?

A: MITM has been broadcasted in 38 different countries:

Croatia: Nova TV
    And RTL Croatia.

Here are a few questions I have seen asked many times:

-----

Q: How many episodes of Malcolm in the Middle are there?

A: There are 151 episodes including the pilot episode (assuming the 2-parters are two different episodes).

-----

Q: What is a Cold Opener?

A: A Cold Opener is normally a short scene at the start of the episode before the opening titles, showing a small 20-40 second clip related to the episode. In Malcolm in the Middle, Cold Openers are very different; they are completely irrelevant to the plot with the exception of some 2-parters such as ‘Traffic Jam’, where Malcolm reminds us of what happened in the previous episode and ‘Reese Comes Home’ where we see Hal briefly talk about what happened previously.

-----

Q: Where is Malcolm in the Middle set?

A: The location of where the family lives is never revealed directly. It is known to us that Malcolm in the Middle was shot in California, and we can clearly see the several instanced where the California license plates are visible. Some times we are given small hints, like the distance from a particular city. Using these kinds of observations, many people make estimations about where they might live but the truth is that we can’t know for sure.

-----

Q: Is it true that Malcolm in the Middle was based on the creator (Linwood Boomer)?

A: Yes, Malcolm in the Middle is a show that is loosely autobiographical of Linwood Boomer, since he also had 3 brothers and was the second youngest just like Malcolm (before Jamie came along). He also had a very strict mother. However, it isn’t entirely based on his life; a lot of Malcolm in the Middle is fictional.

-----

Q: I can’t seem to find the famous mistake in ‘Red Dress’, where is it?

A: Malcolm in the Middle doesn’t have too many production mistakes, however, out of the small amount there is, the Red Dress mistake is one of the biggest. It is where you see Lois turning the corner with the burnt, wet dress in her hand going to the kitchen where the kids are. You can very clearly see a person with a bucket in his hand, handing the wet dress to Lois. Since they are human, these things are normal; nevertheless it is still quite funny.

-----
    Last edited by Evil King; Oct 12, 2008 at 07:30 PM.

Thanks for adding them

I found this in another FAQ from Bryan Cranston's official website:

"In the original script for the Malcolm pilot, the family had a last name (which I won't mention here) but which was subsequently discarded to add a sense of mystique to the show. Have there been any discussions amongst the cast, writers and creater Linwood Boomer to eventually stick the family with a surname, or is the plan to keep that an enigma? - Petch, Hattiesburg, MS

Petch,
    Good observation. In an early draft of the pilot there was a last name listed but was soon discarded. We like to kid around when asked that question. Our response is "our last name is Nolastname". You can figure it out."

It's the reply from Bryan Cranston.

More Questions and Answers

-----

Q: Why was Malcolm in the Middle cancelled?

A: The main reason Malcolm in the Middle was ended by FOX was because of the falling ratings in the last season; the drop in ratings was mainly due to the change in time slots, where Malcolm in the Middle was moved from Sundays to Fridays. Linwood Boomer did speak about possibly making the 7th season the last during the 6th season however it was not decided. It was finally announced by FOX, a few episodes before the last, that they would broadcast the final episode on the 14 of May.

-----

Q: Why does YouTube keep taking Malcolm in the Middle episodes down?

A: YouTube is not the only site which is obliged to take down Malcolm in the Middle episodes. Due to copyright laws, all websites must do the same. Of course the only exception to this is websites based in other countries where copyright laws are different; however these websites are often very slow because of the vast amount of people who go on to it.

-----

Q: Is it true Frankie Muniz (Malcolm) is older than Justin Berfield (Reese) in real life?

A: Yes it is true. Frankie Muniz was born in 1985, December the 5th, whilst Justin Berfield was born in 1986, February the 25th making Frankie Muniz a few months older.

-----

Q: Who played the role of Jamie, the youngest brother?

A: Jamie was played by twins called James Rodriquez and Lukas Rodriquez. They were not credited in the end credits because only speaking roles were mentioned in the credits.

-----
    Last edited by Evil King; Oct 14, 2008 at 10:42 AM.

It's hard finding sensible questions that are frequently asked, but I found some and answered them. Here they are :thumbup1:

Q: What is Piama’s surname?

A: Piama’s surname is Tananahaakna, as we find out in the episode “Hal Coaches”.

-----

Q: How long does a single episode run for?

A: 22 minutes without adverts;
    30 minutes with adverts.

-----

Q: Why don’t we see the Grotto in season 6 and 7?

A: In season 6, we find out that all the payments Francis had made for Otto wasn’t actually to an A.T.M. So he was fired from the ranch and sued by Otto.

-----

I think the next three questions can be put into a single Sub-section:

-----

Q: Is it true that Hal, Reese and Dewey are in every single Malcolm in the Middle episode?

A
    : Yes - Hal, Reese and Dewey appeared in every single episode there is.

-----

Q: Which episode was Malcolm not in?

A
    : Malcolm was not in “Clip Show #2”. He was in the clips from previous episodes but he was not in the Cold Opener or in the scenes created for that episode.

-----

Q: Which episode was Lois not in?

A: Lois was not in 5 episodes all together out of the 151. She was not in “Clip Show”, (While she was in clips from previous episodes, she was not in the Cold Opener or any other scenes created for that episode). Other episodes which she did not feature in at all, include: “Boys at Ranch”, “Kicked Out”, “Stereo Store” and “Hal's Friend”.

**Note: Some websites list the people being on episodes according to the credits.

-----

Please tell me if you dislike the way I answer the questions.
    Last edited by Evil King; Nov 5, 2008 at 04:11 PM.