Updating the Episode Guide ON HOLD

AlexTheMartian

is the information stored in a database, and in that it is correct (doesn't have the extra backslashes), and this is only a web page issue? Because if so, there is PHP functions for striping extra backslashes.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.stripslashes.php

unfortunately, it only removes single backslashes, if there is multiple ones, it will will turn 2 backslashes into 1 backslash, because it views it as a backslash you inteded for, with an extra backslash in front of it.

However if you go through the comments people posted on that page I linked, there is custom functions for removing all backslashes, however keep in mind it will remove even intentional ones.

Richiepiep

Administrator
is the information stored in a database, and in that it is correct (doesn't have the extra backslashes), and this is only a web page issue? Because if so, there is PHP functions for striping extra backslashes.

http://php.net/manual/en/function.stripslashes.php

Hi Alex,

Yes, these are very helpful. The problem is, however, as you imply, that these conversion programs cannot determine what the author intended, and you always need some manual check.

When we did large-scale text collection projects, we tried to convert special characters and escape sequences to 'foolproof' SGML/HTML/XML-character entities with some routines, such as '&' for ampersand, or even better the underlying numerical Unicode reference, such as '&'. The problem was, that when you applied these, often sequentially, you could get for instance the intended 'C&A' or 'Q&A' (which the author already may have escaped as 'C\&A') represented as 'C&A', which was correct, but also 'C&A', so you always needed to confirm every conversion to be sure.

Rich

smileyorilly

Are all the guides written yet or not? I thought there was a dedicated thread somewhere but i can't find it.

I have written a season 2 episode 3 guide if it is needed. I think TJ you headed me to the thread from a thread about jobs or something but I can't find it again.

Here it is anyways

2.03 - Lois' Birthday
Short Summary: Reese, Malcolm, and Dewey blow the money Lois gave them to buy her a birthday present on candy for themselves, which causes her to have grief and Hal also forgets her birthday, Lois decides that is enough, so she escapes until the family finally decides that they need her. Meanwhile, Francis brings home a beautiful African woman.
Long Summary: Lois brings Reese Malcolm and Dewey to the Lucky Aide to buy her a birthday present and gives each of them $10 to spend on a present and even shows them a foot massager to buy together which costs $24.99 and they would have $5 left over, and tells them whatever they get them she’ll love it. It is a change for them to go out and buy her a present as usually they just make her presents (not good ones though). Reece meanwhile comes home on a bus with college children from Mozambique who are there to see national parks and monuments. He meets an African woman and he plans to arrive home show up for his mum’s birthday then leave for his friend Richie’s party. But of course things do not go to plan. After the boys buy Lois an eye glass repair kit some drugs and a dirt bike magazine which all cost $8 and spent $20 on sweets for themselves Lois is sad that they where all un-thoughtful Hal himself forgot and Lois leaves home. Francis spots Lois at a batting cage. The family buys a birthday cake for her from a little kid’s birthday party. Hal pays the kid’s dad for the boy’s cake and sing her happy birthday. To show how much they love her they pick a fight with the clowns. Francis’s women leaves and doesn’t go with him to the party.
Cold Open: The kids go around to their neighbor Old Mrs Jenson and put on Halloween masks to go trick or treating despite it not being Halloween. Malcolm tells us that they are the only kids that talk to her and if they didn’t she would have no human contact at all. They then put on jackets and beanies and Reece rings the doorbell and lifts up a shovel then says they shoveled her walkway outside which she says is wonderful and then goes to get money to pay them. Malcolm says “OK Now you can condemn us”
Goofs:
Interesting Facts:
Music in Episode:
Guest Stars:

damien

the episode guide just consists of the first season, but some wrote summaries about another seasons and episodes .. so what episodes and seasons still need to be worked on?
I´ll start watching the complete series from the beginning on in a couple of days, so i could write the required summaries while watching it.
It is also a good chance to improve my english :) (its my advanced course at school :confused:)