Updating the Episode Guide ON HOLD - Page 2
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Updating the Episode Guide ON HOLD

Wow thanks again - you work is not going unnoticed

Episode Note:

This episode was aired out of production order. You'll notice that Reese is still working at the meatpacking plant although, in an earlier episode, he gets a job as a telemarkerter. And Lois is still driving the van around even though she won a truck in an earlier episode. I believe the correct episode number for this would be 718? though I'm not positive.
    discussed here: http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...t=Cattle+Court

Basically you are correct- aired out of production for reasons unknown.

Need help? Email Me Here

They did that a couple of times. Stilts was supposed to be the S6 finale, for example. But the Cattle Court screw-up was the only one that dramatically affected the long-term plot.

Ok great news. The new episode guide, predictably called Episode Guide 2.0 :P has been coded and designed.

We dont have all the episodes yet, so it wont launch until then. Its current URL is http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/episode

When it launches it will move to /episodes.

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/....php?product=1

Thats the pilot. The guide features a synopsis, air date, cold open, summary, guest stars, recurring cast, bloopers, trivia, music, transcripts, subtitles, link to episode gallery, [and in the future ability to watch/download]

Any "categories" of information that are missing do say. also any additions to pilot info do say.

Go ahead and write a review.

Site staff/admin/mods can "upload episodes" however please dont. I will create each episode, because I know the formatting.

Reviewing episode increases your post count for those interested
    Last edited by tjpeople; Jan 9, 2008 at 12:28 AM.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Season 1 is pretty much done.
    Need help? Email Me Here

Default Episodes update: two songs identified

Episode 508 Block Party:

Kielbasa Contest #3 - Peanut Polka (Brave Combo)

(Initially I thought it was Three Weeks, but it's definitely Peanut Polka, a traditional tune arranged and played by Brave Combo - you know what it is with polkas, after a while they all sound the same ;-).)

Episode 611 Dewey's Opera:

Jamie Looking From Window 2 - "O, mio babbino caro" (oh my dear daddy) from Giacomo Puccini's opera 'Gianni Schicchi'.

Richard
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Aug 16, 2008 at 07:13 PM. Reason: incorrect song suggestion

Um, I'll get to the long synopsises eventually xD

Sorry about the delay.
    you wanna follow the laws of man?
    bloody apron, leg of lamb.
    it's so hard to win...
    when there's so much to lose.

The never ending development of the episode guide continues. I'm not going to say its gunna be finished any time soon, but I'm currently working on it.

Look at http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/....php?product=1

Do you see something missing? Some category that should be added? Something that could be better?

Feedback please
    Need help? Email Me Here

It looks great to me. I didn't find anything that should be added. Good job!

Default Just slashes

Nope it is nearly perfect except for /'s in the episode guide for the pilot sometimes instead of spaces. It would be much easier if the episode guide where an open community to edit, I say it could be easily done by the end of July with everyone pitching in, or get a team to help to do the episode guides.

Nope nothing needs to be added in the pilot I think anyways

Quote Originally Posted by tjpeople View Post
    The never ending development of the episode guide continues. I'm not going to say its gunna be finished any time soon, but I'm currently working on it.

Look at http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/....php?product=1

Do you see something missing? Some category that should be added? Something that could be better?

Feedback please
    This really looks superb (apart from the usual HTML/SGML-character escape hassles already noted by someone else, apostrophes and ampersands that is). But these are easily overcome by experimenting.

It really looks very stylish graphically and exhaustive as far as content is concerned!! This does give us an extra edge over sites like TV.com which I now use all the time, for want of a better source from us.

I don't know to what extent we could just copy/have copied plots from other online sources (probably using original Fox outlines) like TV.com, IMDB or TV Guide as a starting point. I guess it's a bonus being original and more comprehensive!

My blessings for what they're worth ,

Rich

P.S. As for the 'who came up with breaking the fourth wall' issue, those who want to nitpick can read my post in the 'Reese's Apartment' section. I'd like feedback on that (over there), because it's off topic here. It's just that I don't easily take things for granted. A mixed blessing - in disguise .

http://www.malcolminthemiddle.co.uk/...ead.php?t=2263
    Last edited by Richiepiep; Jun 28, 2009 at 10:50 AM.