Spring Break

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
It's not really the same in France, since the age of 14-15 (I don't know how you call the corresponding level at school) I'm free to leave school for lunch. Before my parents had to sign a paper so that I could eat at home, but it was also possible.
And now I have to leave school for lunch, because there's nothing to eat there! I have to go to a students' restaurant somewhere else in the city.
And I think here is the big difference, my university is a single building with nothing around, whereas I think you have bigger campusses providing all you need to stay !

That's interesting. You guys don't have a cafeteria where they serve lunch at school? All schools, I believe, in the US have a cafeteria where they cook lunch every day that you can buy. Eat at your own risk though. :D 14-15 year olds would be considered 9th graders, or freshmen. They are too young to drive so they can't leave anyway unless they ride with someone or walk.

RaposaNegra

That's interesting. You guys don't have a cafeteria where they serve lunch at school? All schools, I believe, in the US have a cafeteria where they cook lunch every day that you can buy. Eat at your own risk though. :D 14-15 year olds would be considered 9th graders, or freshmen. They are too young to drive so they can't leave anyway unless they ride with someone or walk.

Same here... BTW when did your Summer Break started, and when will it end?

Mine started 8 June and ends at 16 September (usually)

Gouki

In Australia, or at least my school and a fair few others you're not allowed to leave school for lunch without a note from your parents. Or, in year 12, if you have spares for the final two periods.

Of course, that's easily solved by simply walking off campus, or forging your parents signature. You have to be able to do both, though.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
That was the same at my old school, but in most cases people would leave to go off and do...illegal stuff. A few incidents happened where the cops intervened and everyone involved, regardless of whether they actually did anything or if they were just there with the others, they got in major :shit:.

In Grades 11 & 12 we finished @ lunchtime (1.15) on Thursdays, and in Semester 2 on Wednesdays as well once the interschool sport finished.

AlexTheMartian

i think in most schools in California, 1) the campus have marked boundaries which you can not go past during lunch, so some parts of the campus is off-limits, 2) in most high schools here, leaving campus for lunch is only allowed by upper-classmen (seniors, etc) and i think a document that is signed by your parents must be on file at the school, and those that return late to class from leaving campus for lunch have more severe punishments then others who are late to class, possibly loosing the privilege of leaving campus for lunch.

But at least my high school did not have metal detectors like some :lol:

AlexTheMartian

That was the same at my old school, but in most cases people would leave to go off and do...illegal stuff. A few incidents happened where the cops intervened and everyone involved, regardless of whether they actually did anything or if they were just there with the others, they got in major :shit:.

In Grades 11 & 12 we finished @ lunchtime (1.15) on Thursdays, and in Semester 2 on Wednesdays as well once the interschool sport finished.

I wish public high schools in America would have interschool sports on a special day. The private high school i went to for 2 years held a school-wide sports day, where the entire school played stuff like tug-o-war rope, ultimate frisbee, track and field, was all very very fun. I know elementary or junior highs sometimes have those days, but i think public high schools should as well.