Possible star announced for J2 Picture's upcoming film "Who is Doris Payne?"

Ryebeach

Possible star announced for J2 Picture's upcoming film "Who is Doris Payne?"

Moviehole.com is reporting that Academy Award winner Halle Berry, best known as Storm in the "X-men" film franchise, has signed for the title role in Justin Berfield's J2 Picture's upcoming film, "Who is Doris Payne?" based on the true story of international jewel thief, Doris Payne, currently in jail in Las Vegas. J2 secured the rights to Doris' story last year and the film will most likely be the company's next film, after completion of the Jessica Simpson led film "Blonde Ambition," which is currently in post-production.

Justin has not personally confirmed Halle Barry's involvement in the film but when he does I'll let you guys know.

No director or production schedule has been announced as of yet.

Moviehole.com article: http://www.moviehole.net/news/20070307_halle_berry_is_doris_payne.html

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: Possible star announced for J2 Picture's upcoming film "Who is Doris Payne?"

HALLE BERRY AS A JEWEL THIEF! Wow, now that I have to see!! For some reason I thought they already had a star but I have no idea who I thought they had. Thanks for the update Rye, I can't wait to see this movie.

AlexTheMartian

Re: Possible star announced for J2 Picture's upcoming film "Who is Doris Payne?"

The real Doris Payne is now 75-years-old. Soooo... I am guessing this movie will be about when she was younger, since Halle Berry is the star?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

I thought Doris Payne was white all this time. ;D ;D What an idiot I am! ;D

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

Sounds good, I hope it gets off the ground.

Ryebeach

tjpeople said:
Sounds good, I hope it gets off the ground.
It will, no worries. There is no confirmation from Justin or J2 or from Halle's management that she has signed on with the project but as the project is still in development, it could be some time before casting is officially announced.

Ryebeach

Halle Berry has now officially signed on to play the title character in the upcoming film, Who is Doris Payne?, a true story based on the life of 77 year old international jewel thief, Doris Payne. Halle's involvement has been rumored for some time now but official confirmation came just this week.

Production dates have yet to be announced.

Source: Variety

You can read about Doris Payne's background in this summer 2008 article from the L.A. Times: http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jul/06/nation/na-jewelthief6