The Announcement...one year later
Malcolm in the Middle Voting Community Forum Episode Guide Gallery Watch & Download Episodes Home FAQ About Contact Home Store

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Announcement...one year later

Default The Announcement...one year later

Not trying to kill the good mood, but I just remembered that this past week marks one year since the really bad day that we learned that MITM had been cancelled.
    I just want to ask how you guys reacted to the news when you read it online? How did you feel?
    I remember that I checked my email and Sam had sent out a mass email to all members of the VC(the old one). The heading, if I remember, was either "Bad news" or "MITM cancelled) or something of that nature. Whatever the case, I just slumped in my chair and mumbled, "Oh no." Hesitantly, I opened the email and read that the show had been cancelled. That kind of ruined my night...and the next two weeks or so. It took a few weeks to finally just realize that it was over and all the cast/crew was moving on.
    Anyways, what about you guys?

Default Re: The Announcement...one year later

Hmm...I don't remember sending that email. ;D I was kind of in shock; it didn't really sink in at first. I was just kind of excited to see the (admittedly disappointing) conclusion to Bride of Ida. It sort of sunk in after College Recruiters aired that it was one of the last episodes. And by the time Morp rolled around I was bawling like a baby. I think I was actually crying harder during the Morp scene where Dewey cared so much for Jamie that he created the entire birthday party than I did during Graduation. Although I was shedding a few tears during the end of Graduation, when Citizen King was playing again. How cool it was to end the Pilot and the final episode with the exact same song.

Very cool. That sing really hit me, wanted to cry when it played, but, you know...
    GWF! GWF! GWF!

That song was very sad and brought back some good memories. To me, the hardest scene for me to watch was in Graduation, where Malcolm was giving his valedictory speech, and the camera pans to Lois and she's about two seconds away from just breaking down... but then they showed the "3 Months Later" scenes and Hal started screaming, and when Hal screams like that it's hard to feel upset.

Granted, we all were hit pretty hard when the news came. (I still blame Fox. Their stupid rescheduling.) But I guess when the finale came, we all were left - as Hal put it - in a tiny gray area so we could live in peace. I still think an hour-long finale, along with a special goodbye message from Fox, would've sufficed, but hey - we get our Wilkersons, they get their money. ;D ;D ;D

I just want to know how you felt when you first read that mass email or heard about it somewhere. Did you just sigh or fall back in your chair or...
    sorry if Im being nosy here. ;D

I first heard about the tragic news while reading an article on the internet. The news left me heartbroken, but I kind of knew it was coming to an end, especially when they switched the Malcolm timeslot from Fridays back to Sundays. I was in a trance for a couple of weeks. I hate to say it, but I really don't think the news has completely set in yet... even a year later, is that kind of pathetic?

That's not pathetic. I mean, Im over the initial "sadness", but sometimes when I just stop and start thinking about MITM and how it's never coming back and it's all over, I get kind of depressed.

Y'all are just a bunch of pansies...

I said 'oh well, I'll have to figure out something else to do 6.30pm'
    The jerk formerly known as J.

it sucks not having mitm but i'm living with it. There's loads more stuff on TV that's probably as good
    I'm nearly up to 400 posts!!