Saddam Hussein

reese35

Well, the moment almost every American (or lack thereof) has been dreaming of is about to happen. has happened.

Death by hanging.

Almost every news channel in the world, I bet, is having a field day with this. So, what's your take on this? Does he deserved to be hanged for his crimes or no? I'm gonna go on the "no comment" road. ;)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
This is a complex matter, if you look at it from a Christian perspective(which I will do). Was Saddam evil? Yes. Did he kill many people? Yes. Did he deserve to die? Probably so. But, the thing is, I can't shake off the feeling that they didn't hang Saddam for justice, I feel they did it for revenge(I don't know that for sure, it just feels that way). When I see it from a Biblical perspective, I think of the verse from Hebrews 10:30- For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Like I said, if they did it for justice, then yes, I feel justice was served, but if they did it for revenge, then it was for the wrong reason.
So that's that. But Im still praying for God to comfort Saddam's two daughters in Jordan, because they are innocent in all this mess.

owen10

He did deserve to die, and tony i think you were right about hanging him was revenge too.
And mike ur right about the news channels having a field day, Every news program every day has to mention something about him and his hanging!

What do you think of the person videoing it on their mobile phone?

reese35

I never got to see it as of now, but I'm sure it's on YouTube somewhere...

But at least that is valuable proof the rat buzzard's dead. ;)

owen10

Well there were many witnesses, so we would have know if he wasn't dead or not.
I think it's stupid though, that Iraq are making an enquiry into who filmed it.
Because there weren't meant to be any cameras or mobile phones in the place!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
But you're contradicting yourself: They're doing the investigation because there weren't supposed to be cameras and there were.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
My question is why is someone so obsessed with the death of a human being that they have to tape it on a camera phone and then post it on the internet and why are there people out there that actually WANT to see a man being hung....
ill stop right now whilst im ahead

yardgames

Retired Administrator
To prove to people that he really is dead. Remember, those groups are completely brainwashed by him; they're totally nervous he's still coming back until they have concrete proof he's gone.

Wildcat

Retired Moderator
I agree that they did it to prove to people that he was dead. Before the tape was released I was thinking that no one would be able to prove that he was really dead. So I guess it's good to have the proof, but the fact that it's the most watched video on the internet right now is a little creepy. Why someone would want to watch a man being executed is beyond me. I'll just take their word for it...

On another note, I found it ironic that they said they were trying to fit the execution in before their holy day started. Sorta wierd, but I can see their point. Anyway, I think that his death was justified.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, I can understand what Sam is saying about the Iraqis wanting complete proof of his death. Im talking about people who just log on to see a man being executed(watching it like it's a tv show) is beyond me.

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Didn't we have this long discussion about death penalty in the original forums? Actually it's kind of the same thing here.
I myself am stricly against death penalty, no matter what cruelties the specific person did.
But as this is valid law in Iraq, i don't judge anybody for hanging Saddam.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod
hey tony, I'd hate to start a religious debate, but I have to ask: Why do you like the USSR so much(with it's policy of a god-less society) and be so religious at the same time?

If you don't want to answer, that's ok with me. I'd just thought I'd make this thread a little more interesting.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
....I don't understand how you got the notion that I liked the USSR. I like Russia very much, but not the Soviet Union. And a little known fact is that, even with the USSR's stupid restrictions, around 80% of the people were said to be Christians anyway, and the USSR had to compensate for that later on in "peristroyka" and they finally let the people openly worship. Just testimony to God's power, even in a country such as that. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
No prob. :)
Anyways, back on Saddam...what else has been going on over in Iraq since his death(I haven't watched the news too much for a week or so)?