"Tribute to Reese" CD for Justin Berfield

Ryebeach

Earlier this year, us folks over on Justin Berfield's official board at SafeSearching had been trying to come up with a gift to give to Justin to thank him for his seven awesome seasons portraying Reese on MITM. We went back and forth on ideas and all were great ones but it wasn't until the idea of sending Justin a MITM related CD was suggested did we all jump on the bandwagon. After months of hard work, we were able to put together a CD for Justin compiling some of the classic songs used in MITM over the years. We titled it the "Tribute to Reese CD." I sent the CD to Justin in early July and he loved it. He wrote back to me saying that it brought back a lot of memories of songs he'd forgotten including the Minty Mint song, which he said he couldn't get out of his head for a long time after he filmed that scene. It is kind of a catchy tune. ;D

Here's the playlist and some pics of the CD, if you'd like to check them out. :)

Playlist:

01) THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS : "Boss Of Me"
02) SIMPLE PLAN : "Shut Up"
03) ABBA : "Take A Chance On Me"
04) CHUMBAWAMBA : "Tubthumping"
05) SUM 41 : "In Too Deep"
06) EAGLE-EYE CHERRY : "Been Here Once Before"
07) BAHA MEN : "Getting Hotter"
08) KENNY ROGERS : "You Decorated My Life"
09) FLAK : "Tune In (Round Window)"
10) BASEMENT JAXX : "Bingo Bango"
11) THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS : "Spiraling Shape"
12) LIPPS INC : "Funky Town"
13) LIT : "Lovely Day"
14) CITIZEN KING : "Better Days (And The Bottom Drops Out)"
15) DUST BROTHERS : "I Just Don't Care" featuring MITM Cast

BONUS TRACKS :
16) THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS "Nice Is Good, Mean Is Bad"
17) JUSTIN BERFIELD : "Amazing Grace"
18) JUSTIN BERFIELD : "Minty Mints"
19) MITM CAST : "Meow Mix"
20) MITM CAST : "Dewey Is King"
21) JUSTIN BERFIELD : "Minty Mints" (Complete Scene)
22) MITM CAST : "Meow Mix" (Complete Scene)

100_0115.jpg

100_0116.jpg

100_0117.jpg

100_0118.jpg

100_0121.jpg

100_0122.jpg

reese35

I have to say, Rye, that was madd cool! I'm a little bummed that the VC wasn't able to contribute, but hey - Justin deserved some commission for 7 seasons as a dumbass, with or without us. You did a good thing there, Rye.

wow that's so cool, i want it. The songs are really good for reese especially ABBA- take a chance on me. I can remember that episode and whenever i hear that song i will probably always think about that episode.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, that's really nice! The MITM cast has the best fanbase!! I love hearing about stuff like this. I remember when we sent Justin that huge card for his birthday and when we sent the entire cast that booklet of our thoughts that they bawled over while they ate their last lunch on the set. That's great. Really nice job. Thanks for sharing Rye.

punkygrl5

Grr. I want 1! That's very funny 'Take a chance on me' and 'Minty Mints'. They aren't on iTunes! Well, the Abba one is.

AlexTheMartian

hmm.. i wonder, does justin get tired of seeing himself?.. i mean, his picture is all over his boards, and all over this cd, lol

samboo1

Wow, that look's great, you should be proud of that! It looks really profressional

Nice to see he wrote back ;D

Ryebeach

I wish I could get my own copy of this CD. :D

I should have marketed it, lol. :D Seriously though, I wish FOX had put together something similar after the end of the show. It would have been a big seller, imo. Still, I imagine they'd have the same music clearance issues as they have with the DVD's.