Where are they now

Ryebeach

I thought I'd start a thread to detail upcoming projects for all of the main MITM cast. Hope that is alright with everyone.

Bryan Cranston:

1. Fallen - TV mini-series set to air in the summer of 2007 on ABC Family. There will be a total of four episodes. The show originally aired as a pilot on ABC Family in the summer of 2006 and was picked up for additional episodes. Not all of the main cast decided to return, which is where Bryan comes in. He's been cast as Lucifer in the series, which chronicles the journey of an 18-year-old boy who is half-angel (Paul Wesley), who struggles to come to terms with his newly discovered identity.

Full article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr...sion/news/e3i3b934b339f918aa1ef023441ea0e0c5e

2. Hard Hour - This film, set in Las Vegas, was filmed in 2005 but never released. There still isn't a release date that I've been able to find but it has been completed and I believe is awaiting distribution. Bryan's character is named Bryce Bexter. Here's the plot summary for the film: "Plot Outline: When legendary gambler Golden Hands Segal suffers a fatal heart attack at the craps table in Las Vegas, his grandson Freddy Meingold and boyhood pal Spencer Ragusa have less than 24 hours to retrieve the body for burial in New Jersey."

Source: http://www.hardfourmovie.com/

3. How I Met Your Mother - Bryan guest starred in an episode of this hit CBS series in October, playing the obnoxious boss of one of the main characters. He was hilarious in the role and the producers like him and the character so much, they decided to make him a recurring guest-star. He has appeared in two episodes so far and will appear in future episodes of the show, however, his next appearance has yet to be announced. I'll keep you posted.

4. Intellectual Property - Bryan has a small role in this film, starring Christopher Masterson. This film has played at a few festivals and is still seeking distribution. The film looks kind of cool and I hope it's released on DVD at some point. You can watch the trailer here: http://www.intellectualpropertythemovie.com/trailer/large2.htm

5. Little Miss Sunshine - Bryan has a small role in this hit film from last summer, playing the literary agent of the main character. He has two scenes in the film but his role is pivetol. The film was released on DVD on December 19th.

6. Thank God You're Here - This new show is an improvisational comedy series from the producers of American Idol. The show is along the lines of "Who's Line is it Anyways,' where a group of performers perform skits in an attempt to outdo each other. NBC has ordered six one-hour episodes to start with. Bryan will appear in the pilot and may appear in the other episodes although that remains to be seen.

ETA: This show will premiere on Monday, April 9, 2007 at 9:00pm on NBC. Bryan will be in that episode but it is still unknown how many, if any, future episodes he'll appear in.

Source: http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117957561.html?categoryid=2467&cs=1&query=bryan+cranston

7. Breaking Bad - Bryan will play a lead role in this drama pilot on the AMC network. The show is about a science teacher (Cranston) who is diagnosed with terminal cancer and takes unusual measures to ensure his family is well provided for.

Full article: http://www.backstage.com/bso/news_reviews/multimedia/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003541217

Jane Kaczmarek:

1. Help Me Help You - Jane played a recurring guest star on this ABC series this fall, which was recently pulled from the schedule after airing 9 episodes. She appeared in four of the episodes that aired, playing the ex-wife of the main character, played by Ted Danson. She was great in this role, which was somewhat similar to Lois but different at the same time. Had the series continued on, she would have appeared in three more episodes before the season was through.

Christopher Masterson:

1. Intellectual Property - Christopher plays the main character, Paul, in this film, which is seeking distribution. It's about a paranoid inventor (Masterson), who feels he needs to protect his inventions from being targets of the Cold War. The film, which features Bryan Cranston in a small role, looks promising and you can view the trailer here: http://www.intellectualpropertythemovie.com/trailer/large2.htm

2. The Art of Travel - Christopher plays the main character, Conner Layne, in this film. Here's the plot summary: "High school grad. Conner Layne is about to marry his first love, but when wedding plans fail, he goes solo on his honeymoon to Central America, finding adventure with a ragtag group of foreigners who attempt to cross the Darien Gap in record time." The film currently has no release date other than sometime in 2007. The official site is bare at the moment, save for a poster and cast list: http://www.theartoftravelmovie.com/

3. The Boy Who Couldn't Say No - This is a dark comedy/drama and stars Christopher and Shelly Long, of Cheers fame. Plot summary: "A 19 year old virgin, Mormon boy is seduced by a young LA woman who blackmails him for his Mission money. The boy's involvement with the woman sets in motion events that unravel the secret lives of the church's most prominent members." Not much more is known about this film at the moment. It has not begun filming as of yet, as far as I can tell.

Justin Berfield:

J2 Pictures Producing Projects -

1. Blonde Ambition - Justin is producing this film, which stars Jessica Simpson as a young woman taking an unconventional, comedic journey up the corporate ladder. All of this ultimately leads to finding true love along the way; in the form of Ted, played by Luke Wilson. The film co-stars Penelope Ann Miller, Willie Nelson, Larry Miller, Rachel Leigh Cook, among others and is set to be released this summer.

2. Garcia - This film is based on two biographical books on the late Jerry Garcia of The Grateful Dead band. This film is in active development and is being produced through Justin's J2 Pictures company. It is tentatively scheduled for release in 2008.

3. Who is Doris Payne? - This film chronicles the true story of international jewel thief Doris Payne, who up until age 75 was still robbing jewelry stores. She has been arrested and this film will go into how she was able to get away with it for so many years. This film is also being produced through Justin's J2 Pictures production company. No release date has been set.

J2TV Television projects -

1. Justin's J2TV production company is teaming up with Nascar's Richard Petty for a new reality TV series for the CMT cable network. The show will realize Nascar fan's dreams as car racers. More info will be released at a later date.

Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/malcolm star lands reality tv show_1021153

Justin has other television projects in the works as well through J2TV, however, no details have been released on any of the projects as of yet.

Acting Projects -

Justin has said that he is thinking of taking guest-starring roles in TV shows or a film role in the new year. Nothing definite as of yet, but he'll keep us posted.

Frankie Muniz:

Racing -

Frankie is entering the second year of his two year contract with Jensen Motorsports in 2007. He is racing full time and has put acting on hold indefinitely.

Acting Projects -

1. Parental Guidance Suggested - This film, an ensemble comedy, is set to be released on February 14, 2007 and the plot is: "The feature follows teens who get into a series of sexual misadventures." That's about all the info that has been released about this film.

2. The Legend of Secret Pass - An animated film, in which Frankie voices the main character, Manu. This film will be released sometime in 2007. Plot outline: "The 'Legend of Secret Pass' takes place in the mountains of the South West and involves Thunderbirds of Indian mythology and an animal refuge of mystical proportions. An unlikely troop of animals and humans are caught up in a clash of ageless magic. In this moment of crisis, the barest chance to avoid cataclysm falls into the hands of an Indian boy, Manu."

3. My Sexiest Year - Frankie's final movie project before taking on racing full time is this comedy/drama, in which Frankie plays the younger version of the main character. The story spans 30 years. Plot Outline: "A romantic coming-of-age story in which the kindness bestowed by a glamorous model is returned 30 years later by the young man in whom she inspired the first stirrings of confidence and love. " No release date has been announced but I wouldn't expect to see it before the very end of 2007, if not later.

Erik Per Sullivan:

Erik has no acting projects currently scheduled. He is taking time off from acting to attend high school and is working in his family owned restaurant in Massachusetts.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, I still voice my strong dissapointment of Bryan taking that role on "Fallen", but everything else looks great! The one thing is that I think Erik needs to do more. He is, IMO, one of the most gifted actors from the whole show and Id really like to see him in other projects. :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Thanks for all that information Rye. That reminded me we'll need to get a News section up and running here. It's good to see everyone is doing something.

Unlike Tony, I am excited to see Bryan in this new role. It will be dramatically different from that of Hal, but I think Tony that it will be handled tactfully. ABC Family airs some real interesting shows that sound rather strange in theory but are actually quite good. For example, I really enjoyed Kyle XY last summer.

I'm glad that Justin is happy producing and has a couple of different projects lined up, but I liked him acting better just because then you can physically see him act and you can tell specifically what he's doing.

I still question Frankie's choices, but if he knows what he wants and he's working toward achieving it then I applaud him. And good for Jane and Erik to take a little time off and be with their real families, which are hopefully more functional than the Wilkersons.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Sam- Regardless, I still am dissappointed that Bryan took that role, and since filming hasn't started, Im still praying he'll turn it down.
And about Frankie-what's to question about what he does? He wants to race, so let him race! ;D By the way, has he won anything yet?
And I too think it's good Erik and Jane are taking time off for family. Let's just hope they will be back in more projects. :)

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
By the way, has he won anything yet?
And I too think it's good Erik and Jane are taking time off for family. Let's just hope they will be back in more projects. :)
I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe Frankie hasn't come in above about 15th place in any of the races that he's been in. But I'm hearing he's been practicing every day lately in anticipation of the new season so I bet he'll do even better now.

I agree with you guys, it's great to see Jane and Erik taking some time off after seven busy seasons on MITM. :)

reese35

Well, Jane and Brad's shows are done, so they deserve some time to settle. (Bradley Whitford's her husband, formerly on "The West Wing".) And Erik should enjoy his time as a kid, not end up like one of those downfallen child stars that turn to pot, steal or lack thereof. ;D

I thought Erik Per Sullivan was doing a film called 'once not far from home'. Has anyone else heard of this?? i haven't seen it in the cinemas but i know erik was in it.

reese35

Add Emy Coligado (Piama) to the list. She did a guest stint on "Grey's Anatomy" as one of the victims of a mega car accident. Baby on the way... with a shard of glass going into the heart. Oof.

And - sorry for reporting this late - but that eppy's on right now.

(What a way to mark a 200th post, huh? :D)

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow, congrats on 200 posts! That was really really fast!! I guess I've lost my title for most posts, huh?

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
Id doubt it. Most young child actors like that kinda fade into obscurity...
all except those Olsen twins. ;D
Very true. James and Lukas Rodriguez, who played Jamie, don't have any other roles scheduled in the future and as Tony said, they probably won't. It's unfortunate as I thought they were very good actor's, all without having a word of dialogue. ;D

Congrats on your 200th post, Mike! :)

Ryebeach

Bryan's next appearance in his recurring role on "How I Met Your Mother" has been announced. He'll be appearing in the Monday, January 15th episode. The show airs at 8:00pm on CBS. This will be his second appearance to date in the series.

AlexTheMartian

oh cool. I like "How I Met Your Mother", well because Neil Patrick Harris is super hilarious, and he kind of looks like a college roommate I had, lol