"Help Me Help You" and other MitM-related stuff

AlexTheMartian

tony_montana said:
Too many CRAPPY sitcoms. ;D
Really, can anyone think of any sitcoms nowadays that are worth anything?
i like every one of them. i watch them all. sorry I'm just a sitcom fan, lol. we seem to be having opposite opinions on everything, lol

some of my favs are two and a half men, according to jim, how i met your mother, etc. and of the ones that have since ended my favs are (of course) malcolm in the middle, everybody loves raymond, and home improvement

I am not saying the current sitcoms are worth anything or not, that is everyone's personal opinions. I am just stating my own opinion.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I might find "According to Jim" funnier, but I got animosity against it because, about two months ago, they started showing it on my local FOX station in the afternoons and, because of that, they went from showing two MITM reruns a day to only one. :mad:

AlexTheMartian

hmm, I don't think they have "According to Jim" on the FOX here in L.A., it is still on ABC, heck this Wednesday they have the Season Premiere on ABC... kinda odd for a show still running to have reruns on a different network.

but I think I recall a previous ABC sitcom to have reruns on FOX while it was still running, that being Home Improvement (man, that took a mind workout for me to remember that).. or is my brain misfiring information? I'm almost positive home Improvement was on FOX as well, but as reruns.

Again another ABC thing.. ABC sure do some weird things with their sitcoms. But probably we should get back on topic.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Yeah....I was about to suggest we get back on topic, as well. ;D
Ssssooooo......ever since "Help Me Help You" ended, has Jane been slated to do anything else or(Im asking of Jane in particular because I find that, as more time passes since MITM ended, I find myself missing her acting more and more ;D)?

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
Ssssooooo......ever since "Help Me Help You" ended, has Jane been slated to do anything else or(Im asking of Jane in particular because I find that, as more time passes since MITM ended, I find myself missing her acting more and more ;D)?
I know she appeared on Celebrity Jeopardy back in late October/early November and she's been doing work with her charity, "Clothes off our back." Other than that I believe she's particpating in some sort of one night only stage production in California. I don't know much about it and am not able to put my finger on the link but it involves a good number of celebrities. I think the event is to raise money for charity as well. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Cool! I like when celebrities use their time for those causes(that's a reason I respect Justin Berfield so much, because of his work with the Ronald McDonald House :)). So what is "Clothes off our Backs" anyways?

AlexTheMartian

tony_montana said:
Cool! I like when celebrities use their time for those causes(that's a reason I respect Justin Berfield so much, because of his work with the Ronald McDonald House :)). So what is "Clothes off our Backs" anyways?

i think it pretty much is just celebrity clothing auction. it's website sums it up well "charity auctions showcasing today's hottest celebrity attire", as it says it is for charity. http://www.clothesoffourback.org/

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
Same here! :) I think it's great and also rare to find celebrities who are supportive of charitable organizations as Jane and Justin are. Besides the Ronald McDonald Charities House program, Justin also devotes a lot of time to animal related charity organizations. He just recently participated in an Animal Planet E-bay auction along with a number of other celebrities. The auction, as a whole, raised more than $3900, with all money raised benefiting animal related charities.

AlexTheMartian said:
i think it pretty much is just celebrity clothing auction. it's website sums it up well "charity auctions showcasing today's hottest celebrity attire", as it says it is for charity. http://www.clothesoffourback.org/
Yep, that's it and it's notable for being founded by both Jane and her husband, Bradley Whitford. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Like Rye said, it's good to see two celebrities involved extensivly in charity. What's more impressive about Justin is he's a young guy and most young celebrities would be splurging their money and acting out like jerks, whilst Justin is a very sensible guy and very generous with his money. :)
God bless Jane and Justin :)

AlexTheMartian

Justin was lucky I guess to have basically grown up being on tv, from being on commercials as a kid, to being on 5 seasons of "Unhappily ever After", and within months after that having jumped right into Malcolm in the Middle for 7 seasons. He basically grew up being on tv, and that I think made a positive impact because he did not get into the party scene, or into negative things like drinking or drugs.

I have to be honest, a normal teenage life can result in unpredictable results to those with a lot of money. So he should be glad to had nice caring real and tv families, and was never guided in the wrong direction. Being in Los Angeles, I have seen that the combination of teenage life and being a celebrity or wealthy more often then not ends up a bad situation. Justin on the other case was always busy so he did not get affected.

Frankie on the other hand worries me.. i seen pictures of him driving around in his expensive cars, rater it be rare ones or from fast & the furious, etc. .. heck, he was even Punk'd by Ashton as he stole his super rare luxury car by acting as a valet service at a club or restaurant or something

er... going off topic again :( lol

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Off-topic indeed, but I agree with you. It's weird, but I always thought Frankie was the "smarter" of the two, if I can say this without offended Frankie, Justin, or their fans, but I always thought Frankie had more intelligence, but I really think that stems from his playing Malcolm, who's a smart person. In reality, Frankie was just a little bit lucky and happened to have A LOT of charisma. Justin on the other hand is smart. He had to work his ass off to get the part of Reese--it was supposed to go to the person that played Spath in Pilot, remember, but Justin is the one that's had to play a wider range of emotions and Justin is the one that's been ambitious enough to start his own company and save his money and help charities. Not that driving cars isn't a wise use of money.....

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I think Justin is highly intelligent. He knows how to use the money he has been blessed with, and not only that he uses it for charities, he keeps out of trouble(unlike some young celebrities). :)
Not calling Frankie stupid, but.... ;D

PBUNDY

I read in an article on the Internet today that Jane will be traveling to Poland at the end of the month for a week of personal appearances when Malcolm in the Middle launches there. She also did a guest spot on a Starz cable comedy series that will premiere later in the year.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
MITM is just now launching in Poland? Are you sure the article is current, because that's very interesting.

PBUNDY

It was from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and was dated January 31st, 2007.
Here's the exact article:

Milwaukee native Kaczmarek, meanwhile, has been loving the slow lane after seven seasons of "Malcolm in the Middle."

Not that the slow lane is all that slow.

Since last spring, when the Fox show went off the air, she has appeared in the recurring role of Ted Danson's ex-wife on ABC's "Help Me Help You," done a guest shot on a Starz cable comedy series that will premiere later in the year, and continued working with Clothes Off Our Back, the charitable foundation she her Madison native husband, Bradley Whitford ("Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip"), founded in 2002.

"And I love having more time to be a mom," says Kaczmarek, whose children are 9, 7 and 4.

Later this month, Kaczmarek will travel to Poland for a week of personal appearances when "Malcolm" launches there.

The actress, who's of Polish descent on both sides of her family, has never been there before.

"I don't know what took me so long," she says. "I can't wait."

PBUNDY

Here's what's going on with Bryan Cranston (according to the Hollywood Reporter):

In a departure from his starring role on "Malcolm in the Middle," Bryan Cranston has signed on to play a dying man in AMC's drama pilot "Breaking Bad."

In the pilot's lead role, he'll portray a high school chemistry teacher who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and uses his chemistry skills to launch a meth lab in order to make money quickly and provide for his wife and disabled son.

Cranston's role on "Malcolm" earned him three Emmy nominations. He most recently appeared in Oscar contender "Little Miss Sunshine" and in a multi-episode arc on CBS' comedy series "How I Met Your Mother."

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Thanks for those articles, PBUNDY. I find it very interesting that MITM is just launching in Poland--enjoy it Poles! ;D I might have to take a look at this role of Bryans, although I don't even know if I get that old-fogie channel. ;D Now is that going to be like a made-for-TV movie or an actual series?

PBUNDY

The article that reported that first made a mistake on the channel, it will be airing on ABC.

This is what I read today:

Bryan Cranston, the dad from "Malcolm in the Middle," has landed the lead in the ABC pilot "Breaking Bad." He plays a high-school chemistry teacher with terminal cancer - a little melodramatic for the wacky actor. But wait - his character uses his chemistry expertise to start a meth lab to make heaps of quick cash ...