"Help Me Help You" and other MitM-related stuff

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
Was David still goofy like Craig or was his character different?
Not quite as goofy as Craig but still kind of childlike in some ways. His character, in his 40's, was trying to start up a rock band with Danson's character.

reese35

Yeah, they did a number for Jane's character in one of the eppies, and it was good. I noticed a few familiar names in the production credits, as well.

Ryebeach

reese35 said:
Yeah, they did a number for Jane's character in one of the eppies, and it was good. I noticed a few familiar names in the production credits, as well.
As Justin Berfield mentioned in a recent post, about half of the MITM crew was working on "Help Me Help You" and when he visited Jane on set earlier this fall, it was like being home again. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, Im going to go for about 30 mintues so I can watch MITM(it's about to come on!). :)

Oh, and Mike, maybe you should take the last page of posts or so and make a seperate thread since none of this is about season 7! ;D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, Im back. The episode was "Reese's apartment", one of my favorites! :)

Anyways, anyone have news as to what Bryan is up to?

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
Well, Im back. The episode was "Reese's apartment", one of my favorites! :)

Anyways, anyone have news as to what Bryan is up to?
Great episode! Love the ending when Lois drages Reese out by his ears. ;D

Bryan has recently signed on to appear in the ABC Family miniseries "Fallen." He will be playing Lucifer in this new show, which is quite a departure from Hal. :eek: The show should air sometime next summer. Not sure how many episodes there will be. I thnk I heard there would be four but nothing confirmed as of yet.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Oh no. Why does this happen? My favorite actor from MITM playing my personal least liked being in the universe(and no Im not kidding). This really sucks.

reese35

Well, let's see if we'll really love to hate Lucifer (in other words, let's see if Cranston can nail this one! ;))

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I know you guys don't understand if your not a Christian, but this is a serious deal to me. I just always prayed none of the cast would do a role like this, and especially Bryan, being my favorite from MITM.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Maybe it won't be so bad Tony. Besides, sometimes it's good to see other people's viewpoints as well, and maybe that is what Bryan is trying to do.

Ryebeach

There's so little info available about the series at this point, I'm not sure how the role will turn out or if the role will be lead or supporting. As soon as I see any articles (there's only one out there so far. I'll look for that link), I'll post the info/links.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Mike- You didn't offend me at all. :)
@Sam- Show the viewpoint of whom, mayhap? I could care less about Lucifer's viewpoint(if that's whos viewpoint you were referring to).

AlexTheMartian

Let me try and figure out why the show "Help Me Help you" was pulled..

Well it was on ABC, but really I think it seemed more like a CBS-type of show.

and Ted Danson was the star of the show "Becker" which he also plays a "Dr.", except in that he was a clinic doctor, and this he is a therapist, but I think still both roles were too similar. On this new show he has an over-inflated ego, but he also did as well on "Becker". Again, too similar.

Plus he looked weird with almost-white hair.

reese35

Nice to have you back, Alex!

Anyone else's guess is as good as mine. Over the top promotion, but underrated ratings. ;D

Ryebeach

AlexTheMartian said:
Let me try and figure out why the show "Help Me Help you" was pulled..

Well it was on ABC, but really I think it seemed more like a CBS-type of show.

and Ted Danson was the star of the show "Becker" which he also plays a "Dr.", except in that he was a clinic doctor, and this he is a therapist, but I think still both roles were too similar. On this new show he has an over-inflated ego, but he also did as well on "Becker". Again, too similar.

Plus he looked weird with almost-white hair.
Good points, Alex! I know it occurred to me as well while I was watching the show that it just didn't feel like an ABC show...Hard to pinpoint exactly why, but it had a CBS vibe to it and I can't help but wonder if it would have done better on that network.