"Help Me Help You" and other MitM-related stuff

reese35

The good news.
She's on "Help Me Help You" with Ted Danson (Cheers) on ABC Wednesdays.

The Bad news.
It's AXED.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Was the show any good or not? I mean, I can't see Jane being in trash, but....
Oh, and real quick, what is the name of that movie Jane was in back in the 80's with John Denver(that Christmas movie)?

reese35

I saw one episode, and it was good. Ted and Jane certainly work well together.

tony_montana said:
What is the name of that movie Jane was in back in the 80's with John Denver(that Christmas movie)?
And that movie's called "The Christmas Gift", and that was good as well.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
That's it! Thanks, Mike. :) My sister watched it on tv(I saw some of it, and thought it was ok). Certainly was weird seeing Jane as someone other than Lois. ;D

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Don't call Justin "Berfy", that sounds...too...never mind. ;D And is that a good movie Justin was in? How big was his part?

Anyways, we better get back on topic! ;D

reese35

He was the caption writer (noting big, but he did have some intresting bylines for the 'paper'.).

So, yeah, how about that 7th season! ;D

reese35

Bylines from JB as the caption writers - "Look Who's Crying Now", "Jell-O Hello", "Cafeteria Hysteria" (my favorite), "Keeble Canceled", to name a few.

Ryebeach

Speaking of "Help Me Help You" and this makes be sad and angry at the network for cancelling the show so soon. An upcoming episode, the 11th one, originally set to air in early January was directed by Linwood Boomer and Jane Kaczmarek guest-stars as well. It was to be a mini MITM reunion of sorts. Now, since the show has been pulled it's doubtful we'll ever get to see that episode. :(

reese35

According to Wikipedia, Help Me Help You was a comedy about a collection of eccentric individuals in group therapy with a respected therapist (Danson) -- who may quite possibly have more problems than his patients.

Ryebeach

reese35 said:
According to Wikipedia, Help Me Help You was a comedy about a collection of eccentric individuals in group therapy with a respected therapist (Danson) -- who may quite possibly have more problems than his patients.
Yep, and Jane played Danson's ex-wife. She only appeared in 4 of the 9 episodes that aired. She was funny in her role but the show wasn't all that funny. Also, David Higgins, who played Craig on MITM, guest starred in one episode and had a scene with Jane. It was so weird to see them in a scene outside of MITM with different character names.