MITM DVD Release

MITM18

Re: DVD Release...AGAIN!!

yardgames said:
MITM18, was it you that said they would all be released eventually? Did you say there was some contractual reason for your suspicion there, I can't remember. It would make sense to release a full box set, but I still think it would be just DVD, not Blu-ray or HD-DVD.
Yes, of course it will be released eventually. Its just about the money

MITM18

I have just talked to my friend again, and he has also told me that the survey isnt even sponsered/associated by FOX.

I had a suspicion of this when they said you would win prizes by answering the questions.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom

The store with the biggest DVD selection near me is Best Buy, and when I went to go get the Malcolm DVD months ago, they didn't have it and I had to buy it online. But a couple days ago I was in Best Buy and they suddenly had it. I think perhaps because they made a whole section just for Fox tv shows on DVD. But since I did have such a hard time finding it a few months ago, they probably did stop printing them, and are now just selling the backstock.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

It took me a while to get my Season 1 dvd. I looked for over 2 months. I finally found it a dvd store, "Suncoast". My friend's mom loves MITM too, She wants it too. She's been searching longer then I had. I still look for one for her.

I ordered my MITM DVD from Amazon.co.uk, getting shipped in from US and it only takes 5 days, so it may be best to look online?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Thanks. I'll look into them.

A boxed set could come out, like they did with the Invader ZIM DVDs. It would look like something important to the family, like thehouse(since that was what they did with the ZIM box. And once all the DVDs come out, they all fit inside. Maybe an extra DVD with fetures/songs/bloopers/ect. And also like the ZIM DVD, a toy inside. :D :p It was the robot GIR, he fits in the roof of the house.

Anyone like that idea?

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

Too bad. :D Invader ZIM. A nickalodeon TV show (now cancelled). I thought I menioned it before, I guess not. Little green alien, stupid moronic robot (GIR) By Jhonen Vasquez. Creator of Johnny the Homicidal Maniac and Squee (Vasquez has a mind that is very demented) Very funny, very crazy show. One of my all time favorites, but the nickalodeon channel felt Invader ZIM was more teen based, so they chucked it and now it will never come back. I could see where they were coming from though, it was violent. (ex: "Poop" brand cola is...i'm lacking words to describe it... is made of sawdust). (2nd ex: GIR asked for taquitos, then a headless clown, then clown taquitos from a resupply request from his home planet Irk).

The picture is a good representation, ZIM want the world, while his robot GIR want his squeeky pig doll, and tacos.

The next one is the boxed set. There was a toy in the roof. It came with an extras DVD also. This is what I mean for a MITM box set, would be neat.

I got the world/pig shot from google. and I was too lazy to pick up my camera and take a photo (and upload it to my computer) of the box set, so I got this shot from gir.n3.net.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

I had a feeling it was some creepy sci-fi show. I have a friend whose obsessed wtih Star Trek; you remind me of him, J.

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom

Invader Zim is a fabulous show that I highly recommend. Very twisted, very funny. And I own Squee. Great stuff. JTHM is a little too violent for my tastes, though.

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

yardgames said:
you remind me of him, J.
Yeah. Lots of people I knnow say that. sci-fi fans will eventually take over the world. It's like the future, literally:p. Now you'll get me and your friend paranoid. It always starts this way............ And normally ends up with me hiding in my closet trying to hide from the goverment spy satillittes, while coating the roof with tin foil to disrupt the x ray beams that they have, but just don't tell anyone about.:D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

but it's really off track now. I'll see what I can do to put this train wreck back on the tracks :D.I was reading an article online and it commented on how MITM didn't get the rights for the music they played originally. So now it's getting them from behind, so to speak. Did anyone read this article too? Does it hold any weight? I think so. That goes to show you. If you ever want to put a really good show on dvd, make sure the music on the show isn't copyrighted.:D

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Yeah, that's been confirmed to be the problem, but in the last couple of months there have been new rumors circulating that the music rights are actually taken care of now for seasons 2 and 3. You'll note that beginning in season four, they used a lot less copywritten stuff, probably so those seasons could be released on DVD sooner. Back to the rumor, supposedly Fox is now just waiting for a good time to release them. The last estimate I heard was August of this year, but I have a hunch we'll get season 2 and maybe even 3 by October, because they'll use that as a tool to promote MITM's final season on its new night.

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
The last estimate I heard was August of this year, but I have a hunch we'll get season 2 and maybe even 3 by October, because they'll use that as a tool to promote MITM's final season on its new night.
Perhaps, but it's been my experience that TV shows on DVD are announced roughly six months before release to build hype and for marketing purposes so I would be surprised to see a release date of October. It does make sense though for FOX to have a release in time for the finale next May. Also, a possibility is they could release the latest season when the series finishes, similar to what Paramount did for Frasier when it went off the air back in May 2004. They released the final season soon after even though they had only released the first few season's on DVD at that point.

StevoTheGreat

MITM on DVD

Hi guys,

This is my first post on the website and im just searching into the DVD's of MITM. I have the First Season on DVD, and i was wondering if there is any info you guys know on the release dates of any of the DVD Seasons. Im quite suprised that MITM is in its 7th Series, yet only one Season is out on DVD. If anybody knows any info could you just drop and hint underneath :)

Much appreciated.

Ryebeach

Re: MITM on DVD

Hi StevoTheGreat - Welcome to the forums. As I understand it, music clearance issues preclude the release of further seasons of MITM on DVD at this time. Members of the cast have said in the past that work was being done to resolve this music clearance issues so I'm hoping we see them soon. My own personal guess is that FOX would try to schedule a release around the time of the series finale. That would make the most sense to me but I have no idea if that is what they will do.

Again, welcome and have fun posting!! :)