MITM DVD Release

dvd release

Hello Everyone
Im not sure if this has already been discussed but im a recent member. I heard about the problems with fox and the dvd release dates getting put back. Does any one from America know the latest info on this as we dont get a lot of news on this in the uk. Does anybody think there is anything we can do with regards to putting pressure on fox or petitioning them by email, to get the situation sorted out fast and release series two onwards. Im getting desperate!! My series one dvd will be worn out soon!

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Re: dvd release

As I tell everyone who asks this infamous question, there is a problem wtih the music rights, and we don't know when it will be worked out. Last I heard, it was January of 2005, and then potentially August, but unlike the January date, the August date hasn't been confirmed. Not that it really matters, because there have been other dates confirmed in the past, but none have materialized yet. This is for the 2nd season, by the way, the rest are a ways out yet.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Welcome to the forums, by the way. Looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts.

admin

Retired Administrator

FOX seem to not be keen on realsing their great tv programmes, they've only just released season 5 of the simpsons in the UK.

Its the music rights which are "apprently" the problem, but quite why its taking so long to come to an agreement nobody knows. Well we will be one of the first with any DVD informaiton, so watch this space :D

NeCoHo

Retired Mod

season 5 came out a month or two ago in the US(the simpsons) so you're not that far behind us there.

I heard August for MITM Season 2 also, so lets hope for the best.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Maybe it was August, 2004 I heard? I really can't keep them straight anymore, there've been so many dates.

Gouki

August seems to be the standard date every one is throwing aound at the moment. Hopefully the DVDs will materialise on that date.

Thanks for the warm welcome on my first forum. I cant believe Fox wo nt release them on dvd. Is this some kind of wierd corporation who dont want to make money???
What about the fans who dont get a lot of mitm on their tv channels?
if anybody has ideas on how we can pressure fox or how we can get in touch with fox let us know. Thanks

yardgames

Retired Administrator

Gouki said:
August seems to be the standard date every one is throwing aound at the moment. Hopefully the DVDs will materialise on that date.
Until August. Then some new random month will surface.

yardgames

Retired Administrator

talat@dv8shoes.com said:
Thanks for the warm welcome on my first forum. I cant believe Fox wo nt release them on dvd. Is this some kind of wierd corporation who dont want to make money???
What about the fans who dont get a lot of mitm on their tv channels?
if anybody has ideas on how we can pressure fox or how we can get in touch with fox let us know. Thanks
We've tried various petitions in the past, a bombardment of emails, etc. We know they receive that sort of thing, because basically the whole official MITM Forum united back in November when Fox was showing the last five minutes of new eps because football went "over." They reacted and moved MITM to a temporary 9PM slot, but they've never given us any more information about the DVDs.

MITM18 may be one of the first to know about them, he seems to know about just about everything else-MITM. I'm sure that he'll share it with us if he gets any info. Right now all we can do is wait.

MITM18

Yes that true, I will tell you guys if I hear any updates on the DVD.

And when the time comes will have exclusives on that aswell

Garbage Kills Megan

parties with your mom

Here's what I've been wondering about the Dvd, maybe one of you knows:

How far are they with the production of the next season? It seems to me that they want to release the next season, but the legal issue has kept it from happening. (Legal issues with music can take a LONG time to clear up) But, how far did they get before they had the problem? I mean, have they recorded commentaries? Are the Dvd's ready to go, they just need to get the OK? Or have they not even finished working on them yet? I guess I'm wondering how long it will take it get them out once the legal issues are cleared up.

MITM18

Yes I am very sure they have already done commentaries in preparation for the dvds. It seems that from my view that they are all done to release it except the liscensing deal with the music companies. It shouldnt stop them from making bonus features and such

MITM18

Word of advice, web petitions dont work, trust me. As Family Guy was able to continue for another season it was because of very high sales in the FG dvds. Thats more evidence to produce more episodes/products for any venue then petitions which can be farced.

They know it has interest, MITM is getting a higher rating then King of The Hill, and KOTH has been releasing dvds for some time.

It may be that they want MITM to be released on HDDVD/Blu-Ray as the first of many HDDVD/BluRay releases.

Or they "could" be waiting for until season 6/7 is finished to release it as a box set.

Its all about marketing and getting it right, FOX isnt abandoning this at all, they are pressing for it to get done, same for the show, since they renewed it another year.

They havent forget about MITM :)

yardgames

Retired Administrator

It sure seemed like they did at the beginning of season six. It is good to know they're still working on it. Do you think all of the seasons will eventually be released on DVD?

tjpeople

Site Administrator
Staff member

cool- i dout they will be on hddvd or blue-ray within the next 2 years. they wouldnt sell, as nobody would be able to play em!

admin

Retired Administrator

Or they could do what they did with Spin City, and mess it all up and release a stupid "Best of MITM" Vol 1 & 2

MITM18

They arent going to do that

Also, all the major studios ARE releasing HD-DVD/Blu-Ray movies this fall actually.

So they could do it if they released MITM on that format in 2006 with seasons 1-7.

If they do a box set it will include season 1 but this is all scepulation