A positive sign? I think so...

Murph

Lol, true. Sky One show the same episodes OVER and OVER...either that or I keep missing the ones I need.

Nico21

tony_montana said:
Ah, but you still need those 30-odd episodes you don't have! ;D
If they actually release the DVDs, maybe they'll add some bonus videos such as a making-of or some fun stuff!
That would be another good reason to buy it!

I also hope they'll release these DVDs worldwide, not only for zone 1 like season 1!

Dabney

Deutscher Moderator
Yeah, a release in Europe would be great, but i'm not too optimistic with that one.
Koch Media once announced to publish Season 1 and in addition the following seasons
in Germany, and you could already order them in advance on amazon.de, but then like two weeks before
the actual release date they cancelled it (although i forgot the reason for it...)

PBUNDY

I have all 151 episodes of Malcolm on VHS tapes, so my tape collection is quite extensive. I would still buy all of the Malcolm seasons sets if they ever decide to release them. When they show reruns on Sky One do they show the syndicated versions where they cut out some of the scenes? When the show them on FOX, they do, and they usually end up cutting out the cold opens and those are usually really funny.

reese35

PBUNDY said:
When they show reruns on Sky One do they show the syndicated versions where they cut out some of the scenes? When the show them on FOX, they do, and they usually end up cutting out the cold opens and those are usually really funny.

In all actuality, those are the off-network syndication episodes. They air on many local stations cross country (not on the actual network, which in this case is Fox). And it pisses me off that they don't show the COs on there. Thank God for one YouTube member! (check Malcolm in the Middle: The Beginnings)

patrick4488

I also think that this is a good sign, as you said a small one, but better than nothing :)

Here in Austria not even season 1 is available on DVD...

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
I am starting quite the collection of MITM episodes on VHS, thanks to reruns everyday in the week. :) Still waiting for "Hal's Christmas Gift" to reair, though. I want to see that episode so bad! ;D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
VHS is SOOO yesteryear--do it on DVD! ;D That way, you can instantly view any episode you want. Me, I have a collection of about 30 DVD's, give or take, that include every episode of MITM. (Actually, nearly every ep. My collection is in constant improvement mode because I am always trying to increase the quality or change something about the disc.) And then I have an index paper that tells me which disc any episode is on. There's about five eps on each disc. I have an Excel spreadsheet that lists all 151 episodes in random order. So when I want to watch MITM, I go to my Excel spreadsheet and look at what the next ep is that I should watch, then go to my index and see what sheet that ep is on, then locate that disc in my collection, then simply select which ep I want to watch on the on-disc menu.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
@Sam- HA! All I have to do is locate my index card, see where the episode is on the tape(I have them in certain order), then all I do is stick the VHS in the VCR, and wait till it clicks, then fastforward...and fastforward...and fastforward...and fastforward, until FINALLY, I get to the episode, but then I realize it's not the right episode so I have to fastforward MORE and...uh.....Your right. DVD's are better. ;D ;D