A positive sign? I think so...

Ryebeach

News has come that FOX is planning on releasing WKRP in Cincinatti, a show from the 80's which was extremely heavy on the music, on DVD. FOX executives had said in years past that the show would "never" be released on DVD due the music clearance issues. Now, their tune has changed and the set is going to released in the 2nd quarter of 2007. Their will be a lot of music substitution but it's still going to be released.

I take this as a positive sign, albeit a very small one, that FOX has put in the effort to get a DVD release out on this and really get in there and tackle these music clearance issues and maybe, just maybe, they'll put this same effort into working on the music clearance issues that have been holding up future releases of MITM on DVD.

I think, once we get up and running and more members have registered, maybe we could post the contact info to write/E-mail FOX, to remind them that we fans are still out there and would very much enjoy having seasons 2-7 available on DVD?

Just a thought. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Despite what "downtrodder crush your hopes" Sam ;D ;) says, that is awesome news and I think we finally have a bleak light at the end of our MITM dvd tunnel. And yes, Id be more than willing to email FOX and remind them of us MITM fans out here still waiting for new DVDs.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Postal mail would be better; they probably have all the spam filters in the world for the keywords "malcolm dvd"

reese35

l0l But still, it's nice to know that, as Tony said, there's a little light at the end of the "no Malcolm DVD" tunnel. Music substitutions for MitM i think will be a little tacky, but better that than no Malcolm DVDs at all. However, I'd be DEAD impressed if they released the DVDs without music substitutions. Even more so if they're released in widescreen! Besides, they gotta stop being so cheapo!

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, I gotta admit a few things though: "WKRP" is a classic show with a devoted fanbase that stretches back to when it was on in the 70's, so FOX wants to settle music rights so they can get it on the market and make sales to that fanbase. MITM, on the other hand, as of right now does not, unfortunatly, have a very big fanbase(let's hope that changes) so FOX won't be as quick to settle it's music rights.
All we can do is hope MITM does well on FX when it premiers in September. :)

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
My question is that you and Sam have all the episodes on dvd(or saved on your PC's) so why are you guys going to watch it on FX?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
If I remember correctly, it starts around mid September of this coming year, but the exact date may be subject to change.

Ryebeach

tony_montana said:
If I remember correctly, it starts around mid September of this coming year, but the exact date may be subject to change.
Cool, thanks Tony!

I wonder if FX will air the shows in order season to season or if they will mix and match.

reese35

Yeah. It's almost making those background idents with the sound effects (when they get back from breaks) seem like an insult.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
If it generates alot of fan interest, I hope they do a "fan selection" type of thing where we(the fans) can go online and vote for the ten best episodes or something.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis
Well, they can't have a "pick the best out of 151"...or maybe they could, that would just be a very long voting/tallying process. ;D

Murph

I have to admit, I wouldn't buy an MITM DVD's, without exaggarating, I have at least 120 episodes on tape, already.