If you EP(executive produced)-ed season 7...

reese35

And no, not in content, I'm talking cosmetic. Now, should I have done things differently (aka working alongside Matt C.), an opening credits update. As much as I love the Casualty theme, especially the new one, "Boss of Me" IS MitM. The funky font would've went, however, and my idea - two different reels (one with Chris M. and one without, since he's there for 4 episodes) would come into play. They would alternate, however and the reel w/ Chris M. will stay put for syndication. The funky font would be replaced with Mittelscrift (the font Fox uses, as far fetched as it sounds), and the credits logo would pull an O.C. - that is, the MitM logo used for promotion (on my DVD covers, as well as Mittelscrift) would be used. NEW pictures, corresponding with the characters/stars (reminiscent of the second eppy reel), as well as the old ones would be used, and maybe the extended mock credit reel with the CD version of "Boss of Me" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szT6jC0S66c) dwould play a part. (And BTW, the name Christopher Masterson would show, if I had my way. :p )

Sound good or...?

reese35

Re: Some changes...

However, if it were in content, I'd introduce a new character that makes nice with the Wilkersons (or Nolastnames), especially Reese whom he confides in totally (maybe you've heard of this before). Said new character reveals to Reese that he is physically abused and tells Reese to keep it hush-hush, but eventually it spreads to the boys and soon the parents. Then confrontation occurs, and eventually, whomever parent abused caves and goes to counseling and the other parent raises him. Or plan B - both give him up for adoption and he joins the Wilkersons.

Plan good?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

Ok, let me get this right...
are you making your own MITM series on Youtube or something? Im not quite following here.

reese35

Nah, I'm just saying if series 7 was done a little differently. Or if we had a season 8.

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

OH! Ok, now I see! (geez, Im an idiot) ;D
I think a story like that would be cool(having a kid in the house that was neglected or something). I just think it would be hard to put such a serious story like that in MITM.

reese35

If you were an executive producer of MitM during season 7, what would you alter, appearance and/or story-line wise ?

tony_montana

Semper Fidelis

Not much. Season 7 is pretty much awesome as is, but....I think they should have:
1. Brought back characters we haven't seen since the first/second seasons (such as apperances by Spangler, etc)
2. The finale should have been an hour long
3. The krelboynes should have been in a few episodes, or at least the finale (not just Stevie, I mean the whole group)

And that's about it. Like I said, season 7 is fine as it is, but these few things would have made it a little better.

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Before I can answer your question, I need to ask my own question. What is the difference between a producer, an executive producer, an associate producer, and an executive-associate producer?

Ryebeach

yardgames said:
Before I can answer your question, I need to ask my own question. What is the difference between a producer, an executive producer, an associate producer, and an executive-associate producer?
An Executive producer, on a TV show anyway, is usually the creator(s) of the series and showrunner(s). Also, they would be folks from the production company and/or studio. They are basically the executives in charge of production and the buck stops with them.

Producers are the folks in charge on-set for filming. They do a lot of organizing of cast, crew, locations. Department heads usually would report to them and they sometimes are also from the production company. Co-producers are often financiers of the project and have a limited daily role. Associate producers are often crew members who have gone above in beyond in some way and end up with an Associate Producing credit.

Not sure about an Executive-Associate Producer. ;D

yardgames

Retired Administrator
Wow that's a lot of producers! They should call them the creators, the producers, the financers, and the golden kids. ;D

Anyway, now that I know what it is that's being asked, my answer is that I would have alluded more to earlier seasons. Brought back even one Krelboyne for Morp, an ep or two Cynthia...stuff like that.

punkygrl5

I think the show design and stuff was alright. One plot I didnt like was the one where Kitty returns, I prefered her when she was all uptight and protective of Stevie - like in 'Sleepover'. 'Reese joins the army 1 and 2' and 'Reese's triamphant return' were great episodes.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
About the opening credits:

The theme song didn't need to be changed. However, yes, they should have replaced the clips each season with clips from that season.

Jamie did not feature at all in the opening credits clips, and should have. He should also have been listed in the closing credits, because, even though he did not talk until the final season, he is still a character in the show, and therefore should have been credited.

Caroline should not have been credited in Seasons 1 & 2 because she only appeared in about 4 episodes in each of those 2 seasons.

Stevie, however, was not credited at all in the opening credits but should have been. He appeared in 51 episodes across the series. In Seasons 6 and 7 he only had 3 (S6) and 2 (S7) appearances, and therefore would not have needed to be credited for those two seasons.

I don't know why they needed to have the non-MITM clips in the opening credits, though. Instead of those clips, they should have shown clips of characters who made regular appearances, eg:

Seasons 1 & 2 - Caroline, Spangler
Seasons 1 - 3 - Krelboynes
Seasons 4 - 7 - Jamie
Seasons 5 & 6 - Buseys
Seasons 3 - 7 - Mr Herkabe
All seasons - Stevie, Craig

That's just my opinion anyway.

Amigo22

Super Moderator
Yeah there was, but they should have done that format (MITM clips only) for the whole series, like I described.